Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fall '08 GS prediction thread...  (Read 7216 times)

Robert Hutchinson

Fall '08 GS prediction thread...
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2008, 06:35:28 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'194525\' date=\'Aug 19 2008, 06:26 PM\']Don't we already know the answer in part to number 3?[/quote]
#3 has a very specific wording, so no, I don't think we do. (Unless I'm out of the loop.)
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

Brig Bother

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2008, 06:58:36 PM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'194264\' date=\'Aug 16 2008, 07:07 AM\']
I took a peek at the 19 Keys video on YouTube.  Wow.  Even though it was just a six minute clip, it was a challenging and action packed six minutes.[/quote]

I bloody loved 19 Keys, it was the first quiz since Weakest Link I wanted a crack at because it looked like fun - not flawless by any means but quite tense and exciting. Unfortunately it never got a second series. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTYWIBYq80. I would ifne it pretty unlikely to sell abroad seeing as it's a few years old now, but Objective Productions are on the ascendent in the UK so...

I still think Golden Balls has a better chance of getting here because of the absolute lack of intelligence (read: luck) factor and because Endemol is behind it.

This was meant to be being sold around the world but I don't think anybody has actually made a local version yet. Remember, despite what you may have heard or read it's really only moderately successful over here - cheapish and does great for its late afternoon timeslot but not nearly as great as Deal or No Deal was doing an hour earlier on a more minority channel.

Brig Bother

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2008, 08:03:24 PM »
I still think Golden Balls has a better chance of getting here because of the absolute lack of intelligence (read: luck) factor and because Endemol is behind it.

Also, I think people rather miss the point when it comes to Endemol's luck based shows. Yes, they seem a rather unintelligent but the reason they're quite popular is that in between the luck based aspects, actual real people have to make actual real conscious decisions (in most Endemol shows you're not allowed to decide which option you're going to go for by flipping a coin, say, it's got to be a decision you come to yourselves) and have to live with the actual real consequences of those decisions. It's simple, but it tends to be dramatic and it tends to work.

tpirfan28

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2008, 08:05:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'194531\' date=\'Aug 19 2008, 06:58 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'194264\' date=\'Aug 16 2008, 07:07 AM\']
I took a peek at the 19 Keys video on YouTube.  Wow.  Even though it was just a six minute clip, it was a challenging and action packed six minutes.[/quote]

I bloody loved 19 Keys, it was the first quiz since Weakest Link I wanted a crack at because it looked like fun - not flawless by any means but quite tense and exciting. Unfortunately it never got a second series. Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzTYWIBYq80. I would ifne it pretty unlikely to sell abroad seeing as it's a few years old now, but Objective Productions are on the ascendent in the UK so...[/quote]
Holy crap.  That six minutes was absolutely awesome.  That's a show that I definitely would tune into every freaking time it was on TV.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'194536\' date=\'Aug 19 2008, 08:03 PM\']Also, I think people rather miss the point when it comes to Endemol's luck based shows. Yes, they seem a rather unintelligent but the reason they're quite popular is that in between the luck based aspects, actual real people have to make actual real conscious decisions...and have to live with the actual real consequences...[/quote]
Then we must count at least the US part of Endemol as "people who rather miss the point", because the contestants often don't come off as actual or real.  

This also means we have to consider Endemol as people, but ymmv on that.
This signature is currently under construction.