Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Behind the Scenes: Family Feud  (Read 3882 times)

JunkDrawer

Behind the Scenes: Family Feud
« on: September 01, 2008, 07:29:41 AM »
Greetings! I had the pleasure of interviewing by email a contestant who appeared on Family Feud (and won) during the Ray Combs era. If you're interested in this behind-the-scenes look, check out the interview here: http://www.junkdrawerblog.com/2008/08/surv...-this-show.html

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 11:53:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Kathy.  Nice interview, looks like you've got a good number of visitors to your blog.  I met Ray around the same time frame and found him to be a very nice man, so it was a shock to me about what happened.  Watching his shows now is like watching Chico and the Man, there's that feeling of sadness that obscures the fun.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JunkDrawer

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:09:17 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'195697\' date=\'Sep 1 2008, 11:53 AM\']
Welcome to the forum, Kathy.  Nice interview, looks like you've got a good number of visitors to your blog.  I met Ray around the same time frame and found him to be a very nice man, so it was a shock to me about what happened.  Watching his shows now is like watching Chico and the Man, there's that feeling of sadness that obscures the fun.
[/quote]

Thank you! Yes, I'm lucky to have a healthy amount of readers and commenters to my blog. When I put up my Family Feud piece, I worried my readers would think me a nut because I love that show so much!

I agree. Whenever I watch a FF episode that Ray Combs hosted, there's always a little sadness there. Terrible thing, depression. I understand he had been hospitalized, but still managed to find a way to take his life.

Mr. Matté

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 02:28:38 PM »
Thanks for that interview.  Based on research, the contestants that were on Blockbusters were 10+-time champions John & Kathy!

davemackey

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »
[quote name=\'JunkDrawer\' post=\'195689\' date=\'Sep 1 2008, 07:29 AM\']
Greetings! I had the pleasure of interviewing by email a contestant who appeared on Family Feud (and won) during the Ray Combs era. If you're interested in this behind-the-scenes look, check out the interview here: http://www.junkdrawerblog.com/2008/08/surv...-this-show.html
[/quote]
Hey, I like your blog. The Odiogo thing grabbed me too; I've started using it on my blog too.

JunkDrawer

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 07:24:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Matté\' post=\'195717\' date=\'Sep 1 2008, 02:28 PM\']
Thanks for that interview.  Based on research, the contestants that were on Blockbusters were 10+-time champions John & Kathy!
[/quote]
Thanks for digging a little. Ten times! That's incredible!

JunkDrawer

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 07:25:58 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'195926\' date=\'Sep 2 2008, 09:19 PM\']
[quote name=\'JunkDrawer\' post=\'195689\' date=\'Sep 1 2008, 07:29 AM\']
[/quote]
Hey, I like your blog. The Odiogo thing grabbed me too; I've started using it on my blog too.
[/quote]

Glad you like it. I started using Odiogo because my father is legally blind and likes to listen to web content whenever possible. I added it for his benefit, but it's nice, too, if people want to download posts and take them on-the-go.