Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trying to Pinpoint a WoF Airing Year  (Read 1406 times)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Trying to Pinpoint a WoF Airing Year
« on: September 09, 2008, 04:12:41 PM »
I was going through some old tapes and came across a partial ep. of Wheel.  Unfortunately, the credits aren't on it...but here's what was on it:

The flashy, gold $25,000 bonus sign
The old sunbursts were the contestant backdrops
They still had the little green signs (the shopping ones) for the bonus prize values
I'm assuming it was pre-1989, because they still had the static "Wheel of Fortune" logo when the show began.

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Chelsea Thrasher

« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 04:16:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'196737\' date=\'Sep 9 2008, 04:12 PM\']
I was going through some old tapes and came across a partial ep. of Wheel.  Unfortunately, the credits aren't on it...but here's what was on it:

The flashy, gold $25,000 bonus sign
The old sunbursts were the contestant backdrops
They still had the little green signs (the shopping ones) for the bonus prize values
I'm assuming it was pre-1989, because they still had the static "Wheel of Fortune" logo when the show began.

If anyone could help, it would be appreciated. Thanks!
[/quote]

Who's the announcer? Since IIRC the golden $25K sign didn't appear until Fall 1988 and the Sunbursts were discontinued at the end of said 1988-89 season, by process of elimination the episode *should* be from 1988-89.  Where in the season it'd be from then depends on who the announcer is.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:17:12 PM by Seth Thrasher »

wheelloon

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
The "new" $25,000 sign premiered in September 88. The old sunbursts were dropped at the end of the 88-89 season, same with the price tags.

So that's season 6, the one GSN reran a lot a few years back. Who was the announcer? That would pinpoint at what point that season this would be at.

EDIT: OOP, I see me and Seth jumped on this at the same time, with the same reponses too *cue Twilight Zone.* To be slightly more specific then: MG Kelly was there until early 89, and Charlie O didn't take his reigns back until *I believe, IIRC* February of 89.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 04:21:04 PM by wheelloon »
"I'm dressed as one of the most frightening figures known to man...

A TV game show host."--Pat Sajak

rwalker

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 10:37:41 PM »
Run it by the gameshow46 guy on Youtube, I bet he knows. He has a boatload of WOF videos there.