Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Wii  (Read 4720 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR Wii
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2008, 01:50:38 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'196973\' date=\'Sep 11 2008, 09:07 PM\']
The Toyota ad was unexpected.  There were no ads attached to 6 or 7 videos I have unlocked.  It sticks out like a sore thumb.[/quote]
I see. And since you're playing on the PS2 (which has no onboard storage aside from those memory cards), you're not gonna see ads in games. Makes sense.

Know, though, that many modern Xbox 360 and PS3 and PC games are ad-subsidized.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayDLewis

TPiR Wii
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 09:01:43 AM »
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'196964\' date=\'Sep 11 2008, 10:12 PM\']
*  No bonus spin nor a $1000 bonus for getting $1 in a spinoff.
[/quote]

This was explained as being a software-level decision to make life for the programming team easier.

*  There are some grocery items in small prize games.  For instance, one of the small prizes in a Plinko playing was a 20-pack of toilet paper.

Did Rich say the brand name of the product? Did it not look like an actual PiR product? If so, it was probably a sponsored product.

*  One which gave me a chuckle--if a price in It's in the Bag is matched correctly, the price of the item is added to your total.

The PC game does this as well. This also applies to Hi1, Check Out, etc.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

clemon79

TPiR Wii
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 11:53:58 AM »
[quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'197005\' date=\'Sep 12 2008, 06:01 AM\']
This was explained as being a software-level decision to make life for the programming team easier.[/quote]
If including the bonus spin was THAT taxing for the programming team, then they're a rotten programming team. Bottom line.

Neumms

TPiR Wii
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 07:06:25 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'196968\' date=\'Sep 11 2008, 10:40 PM\']
[quote name=\'MikeK\' post=\'196964\' date=\'Sep 11 2008, 08:12 PM\']
*  This one bugged me just a smidge...  One of the unlockable videos was sponsored by Toyota.  I understand advertising in a free game, but on a console game which cost cash money?  Real tacky.
[/quote]
I guess you haven't played Burnout Paradise, Battlefield, any of the Tony Hawks, or any EA Sports game published in at least the last five years, hmm? :)
[/quote]

I'm just offended for Barker's sake that it's a Japanese car.

Robert Hutchinson

TPiR Wii
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2008, 03:48:13 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'197013\' date=\'Sep 12 2008, 11:53 AM\'][quote name=\'JayDLewis\' post=\'197005\' date=\'Sep 12 2008, 06:01 AM\']This was explained as being a software-level decision to make life for the programming team easier.[/quote]
If including the bonus spin was THAT taxing for the programming team, then they're a rotten programming team. Bottom line.[/quote]
My programming knowledge is very rusty, but if they've got it set up to properly handle A) multiple spinoffs, and B) pre-spinoff ties at $1.00, then I can't see how making the $1,000 bonus trigger during a spinoff is much more complicated than adding a flag or two. All the branches already have to be in place.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

clemon79

TPiR Wii
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' post=\'197123\' date=\'Sep 13 2008, 12:48 PM\']
My programming knowledge is very rusty, but if they've got it set up to properly handle A) multiple spinoffs, and B) pre-spinoff ties at $1.00, then I can't see how making the $1,000 bonus trigger during a spinoff is much more complicated than adding a flag or two. All the branches already have to be in place.[/quote]
I have to back down just a tiny bit, because I misunderstood all of this: I was under the impression that the bonus spin wasn't there *at all*, not that this was the only-during-a-spinoff condition.

But Robert's right, all of the hooks are there, this is in fact even easier. (I don't even think it's adding a flag, I think it's bothering to flip the one that's already there. Or worse, they're actively NOT flipping the one that is flipped when it happens in normal play.)

I'm just not sure if I blame the programming team or if I blame whoever wrote the spec for not doing their homework and then throwing the programming team under the bus to mask their own incompetence.