Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Trivial Pursuit  (Read 7724 times)

Sonic Whammy

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2008, 08:03:34 PM »
[quote name=\'davidhammett\' post=\'197793\' date=\'Sep 21 2008, 02:22 AM\']
[quote name=\'Gus\' post=\'197685\' date=\'Sep 19 2008, 10:29 AM\']
Premiere ep of Trivial Pursuit came down this morning. Here's the gameplay rundown:

Computer randomly picks a category and value (seemed to be about $300-$600 in increments of $50) for each question.

Correct answers by the studio contestants put the value into the studio bank; triple-stumpers put it in America's bank.
[/quote]
My understanding from the taping I attended is that the values are $250-$500 in the first round.  Also, I believe that any question which is answered incorrectly -- whether it is answered correctly by another player or not -- goes into America's bank.  Did you see any examples to the contrary on the premiere ep?
[/quote]
Correct. On my episode today in the double-run, a player missed a question in Round 1 and then an opponent stole it, but the money was still put in America's bank. And that's truthfully fair now that I see it, because otherwise it's gonna lead to a ton of runaways for the studio players with the difficulty of these questions.

I'd personally peg the difficulty at 2K-8K Millionaire level. I tried to raise the bar as much as I could, personally. Those of you in the double run neighborhoods can let me know if I accomplished that.
Brian Sapinski

Just Brian Sapinski... for now

uncamark

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2008, 04:14:09 PM »
I suspect that the Comcast/TVG Interactive possible mislabeling of schedules (that has "House of Payne" running at 3 p.m. on WPWR instead of "TP") is some sort of a bobble with Chicago daytime schedules with TVG Interactive--for anything other than the current week, the schedule shows Martha at noon and "Crosswords" at 2 p.m. instead of "DOND" and Bonnie Hunt, respectively.  And there seem to be screwups on the WFLD and WPWR schedules, especially considering that "Judge Hatchett" seems to have moved to WCIU.

Isn't there someone on this board who may have the power to do someting about this?

mmb5

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2008, 04:17:11 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'197991\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 04:14 PM\']
I suspect that the Comcast/TVG Interactive possible mislabeling of schedules (that has "House of Payne" running at 3 p.m. on WPWR instead of "TP") is some sort of a bobble with Chicago daytime schedules with TVG Interactive--for anything other than the current week, the schedule shows Martha at noon and "Crosswords" at 2 p.m. instead of "DOND" and Bonnie Hunt, respectively.  And there seem to be screwups on the WFLD and WPWR schedules, especially considering that "Judge Hatchett" seems to have moved to WCIU.

Isn't there someone on this board who may have the power to do someting about this?
[/quote]
If I could do something about it, I would.  If I could publicly comment on it more than a crappy generalization, I would.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

tvmitch

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2008, 04:40:57 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'197991\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 04:14 PM\']

[/quote]
I can't fix it, but I do know that my own DVR box in PA has had off-the-wall incorrect listings for the past two weeks. As in, on Mondays, Millionaire shows up in its correct timeslot, but T-F, Roseanne reruns show up in that slot.

/can't understand why it takes so long for a guide to repopulate after a power outage or reboot, with the bandwidth we have
You should follow me on Twitter

Jimmy Owen

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2008, 04:49:37 PM »
One of the neat things about the old TV Guide magazine with local listings is that you could hold it in your hand and it never had to reboot. Plus, it sorta forced stations to stick to a schedule.  It would be more of a revenue earner if the new owners of the mag would return it to the way it used to be-digest-sized with local station listings.  Cable, I don't need; local I do.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

mmb5

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2008, 08:28:09 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'197995\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 04:40 PM\']
I can't fix it, but I do know that my own DVR box in PA has had off-the-wall incorrect listings for the past two weeks. As in, on Mondays, Millionaire shows up in its correct timeslot, but T-F, Roseanne reruns show up in that slot.

/can't understand why it takes so long for a guide to repopulate after a power outage or reboot, with the bandwidth we have
[/quote]
It has nothing to do with your box.  Trust me.
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

chad1m

Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2008, 08:34:46 PM »
So how many people here have submitted questions for the program? I uploaded my tenth today.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 08:34:57 PM by chad1m »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Trivial Pursuit
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2008, 08:48:12 PM »
[quote name=\'mmb5\' post=\'198021\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 05:28 PM\']
It has nothing to do with your box.  Trust me.[/quote]
Didn't they say the same thing to Britney Spears?

[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'198023\' date=\'Sep 23 2008, 05:34 PM\']
So how many people here have submitted questions for the program? I uploaded my tenth today.
[/quote]
I couldn't even make it through a whole episode. I doubt I will be submitting material for the show. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe