Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Article on TPIR  (Read 13465 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Article on TPIR
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2008, 04:08:14 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'198373\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 01:05 AM\']
Okay, fuse lit...[/quote]
It's only a fuse if you choose to attach it to a bomb. Or something. I recommend against it. Not worth the trouble. That said...
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198372\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 01:02 AM\']
But what I must insist is that I not be called a liar or an exaggerator.  There is not one part of that post that did not occur during the tapings of the shows I saw.[/quote]
Um...nobody's done that. At least with regard to your webpage, that I've seen here.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2008, 04:11:23 AM by clemon79 »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Article on TPIR
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2008, 04:16:19 AM »
2.  I DO NOT HATE DREW CAREY.  I thought his first year as hosting was just fine and he was coming along as a host.  What I am in disagreement with is the artistic direction the producers/writers have chosen to taken a show that I still wish to watch.
What's stopping you?

It's called an opinion for a reason.  It can be defended, argued and opposed.  Please note that I have not disagreed with anyone else's posts here.  Some of you actually want the change and that's OK.  I don't, and that should be OK too.
I'm not quite sure you actually know the rules of debating and discussing things.

Call me a fool if you choose.  It only shows that a differing opinion is not welcomed here on Invision.  Call me a tool for trying to let people know what I saw and that I did not like it.  Some people are actually concerned about the show's direction based upon what they read.  But what I must insist is that I not be called a liar or an exaggerator.  There is not one part of that post that did not occur during the tapings of the shows I saw.
Wow. You got so many things wrong here that there isn't enough underlining to correct this blooper.
Travis L. Eberle

FPGWillyT

Article on TPIR
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2008, 04:57:59 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'198375\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 03:08 AM\']
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198372\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 01:02 AM\']
But what I must insist is that I not be called a liar or an exaggerator.  There is not one part of that post that did not occur during the tapings of the shows I saw.[/quote]
Um...nobody's done that. At least with regard to your webpage, that I've seen here.
[/quote]

gameshowlover87:  I think whoever wrote this article is probably desperate for attention, and also wants to make up lies about Drew Carey,

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Article on TPIR
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2008, 05:03:16 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198377\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 01:57 AM\']gameshowlover87:  I think whoever wrote this article is probably desperate for attention, and also wants to make up lies about Drew Carey,
[/quote]Which is his opinion, and given your previous statements, people are allowed to have opinions (and by the way, how generous of you on that point), so you lose on that. He wasn't lying if he really thinks that.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Article on TPIR
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 05:10:02 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198377\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 01:57 AM\']
gameshowlover87:  I think whoever wrote this article is probably desperate for attention, and also wants to make up lies about Drew Carey,[/quote]Important words bolded.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

FPGWillyT

Article on TPIR
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2008, 06:22:08 AM »
I asked not to be called a liar.
It was mentioned that I wasn't.
I pointed out that someone THOUGHT (important word cap'd) I was a liar or making up lies.

Totally different than telling me to not watch, not post, not speak, not reply.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Article on TPIR
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2008, 06:35:34 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198380\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 05:22 AM\']Totally different than telling me to not watch, not post, not speak, not reply.[/quote]Exactly where did anyone ask you to do that?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

FPGWillyT

Article on TPIR
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2008, 07:26:59 AM »
I never said anyone did.  
I was trying to point out that telling me to ignore it and get on with it is much different than accusing me of making up lies.

Matt Ottinger

Article on TPIR
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »
[quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198372\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 04:02 AM\']
Well, since the mods here found it necessary to yet again flame me...[/quote]
Hello, what?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Timsterino

Article on TPIR
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2008, 04:26:37 PM »
I hate censorship. The ultimate decider is the ole' Nielson family.

I have been watching season 37 and see nothing wrong thus far.

Robert Hutchinson

Article on TPIR
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2008, 04:28:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'198384\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 09:26 AM\'][quote name=\'FPGWillyT\' post=\'198372\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 04:02 AM\']Well, since the mods here found it necessary to yet again flame me...[/quote]Hello, what?[/quote]
Those comments were pre-written, and will be showing up in the coming weeks. You'll see.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

TroubadourNando

Article on TPIR
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2008, 07:19:40 PM »
The only thing I'm concerned about right now out of that lot is the "Random pie fight" showcase thing. I can see that it might be an attempt to bring back Showcase Skits...and that IS a worthwhile thing... but people being randomly hit with pies just for the sake of doing it isn't anything like Nitwork or Kaptain Klutz. I hope this is a one-off thing and any "skits" past it are more creative.

The French Kiss thing seems weird but I'm not going to be concerned unless it becomes regular... and that would take a pretty damn big box of Phillips.

Timsterino

Article on TPIR
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2008, 08:00:42 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'198407\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 07:19 PM\']
The only thing I'm concerned about right now out of that lot is the "Random pie fight" showcase thing. I can see that it might be an attempt to bring back Showcase Skits...and that IS a worthwhile thing... but people being randomly hit with pies just for the sake of doing it isn't anything like Nitwork or Kaptain Klutz. I hope this is a one-off thing and any "skits" past it are more creative.
[/quote]

I can not believe people are upset over pie fights. Since when has The Price is Right been Masterpiece Theater?

TroubadourNando

Article on TPIR
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 08:19:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Timsterino\' post=\'198413\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 08:00 PM\']
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'198407\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 07:19 PM\']
[/quote]

I can not believe people are upset over pie fights. Since when has The Price is Right been Masterpiece Theater?
[/quote]

And this is precisely why constructive discussions over this never take place.

Show me where I said The Price is Right should be Masterpiece Theater. All I said was that random pie throwing is a poor 'theme.'

Matt Ottinger

Article on TPIR
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2008, 09:33:48 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'198414\' date=\'Sep 28 2008, 08:19 PM\']And this is precisely why constructive discussions over this never take place.[/quote]
No, the problem is that too many people have preposterously thin skins.

He didn't "accuse" you of saying TPIR should be Masterpiece Theater.  For heaven's sake, he quoted your entire three-line post, he KNOWS you didn't say that, and so does everyone else.  It's called a "metaphor".

His opinion is that TPIR is a sufficiently low-brow form of entertainment that pies in the face are acceptable.  That's it.  He wasn't attacking you, he was sharing an opposite opinion from yours.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.