Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nuisance Lawsuit of the Day  (Read 4373 times)

uncamark

Nuisance Lawsuit of the Day
« on: October 01, 2008, 12:42:20 PM »
According to the UK's Daily Mail (admittedly not the most trustworthy of sources), the gay stand-up known as "Ant" (actually Anthony Kalloniatis) is suing the UK host team of Ant and Dec for $30M, claiming that their taking of U.S. gigs like the short-lived "Wanna Bet?" on ABC is potentially damaging his career:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/artic...ing-career.html

Kalloniatis also claims that Ant and Dec's involvement in programs that allegedly had fradulent call-in contests is also hurting his reputation--as if his act hasn't already done that.

(In case you can't pin down the guy, he hosts "Celebrity Fit Club" on VH1 and was on "Last Comic Standing" a few years ago.)

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 01:22:38 PM »
*sighs*  (American) Ant = One of the people in America attempting to make more than a dime through a lawsuit.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 02:12:50 PM by pianogeek »
-Sanford

BrandonFG

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 01:24:24 PM »
Ant was also one of Nikki Cox's high school friends on Unhappily Ever After, although I could understand if you were paying more attention to Nikki. ;-)

But let's see, you host a weight loss show on VH-1. Can you really complain about a career, or lack thereof? He'd have a better case trying to get British Ant for something regarding the same names...

/Now there's a show I haven't heard about in a while
//How DID Bobcat Goldthwait get Nikki Cox
///I'd hit Nikki so hard she'd live happily ever...well you get the point
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 01:25:21 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 01:27:28 PM »
[quote name=\'pianogeek\' post=\'198585\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 10:22 AM\']
*sighs*  (American) Ant = One of the people in a America attempting to make more than a dime through a lawsuit.[/quote]
And you don't have to be Scooby-Doo to solve *that* mystery.

The kicker is that the douchebag is telling Anthony McPartlin that he can't abbreviate THE SAME FRIGGIN' FIRST NAME AS HIS.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

davemackey

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 05:17:21 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'198583\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 12:42 PM\']
According to the UK's Daily Mail (admittedly not the most trustworthy of sources), the gay stand-up known as "Ant" (actually Anthony Kalloniatis) is suing the UK host team of Ant and Dec for $30M, claiming that their taking of U.S. gigs like the short-lived "Wanna Bet?" on ABC is potentially damaging his career:
[/quote]
He's also suing Adam Ant, Adam and the Ants, and Atom Ant. Not necessarily in that order.
In case you can't pin down the guy
I'm straight, actually, so I'd rather not pin down the guy....

MikeK

• Martha!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 05:41:59 PM »
Do any of comic Ant's shows air overseas?  Maybe Ant and Dec could put forth a similar lawsuit against comic Ant since the comic is surely doing likewise to Ant and Dec's reputation in the UK.

/some sarcasm up there
//would kill for Poker Face on this side of the pond

tpirfan28

When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2008, 05:55:00 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'198594\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 05:17 PM\']He's also suing Adam Ant, Adam and the Ants, and Atom Ant. Not necessarily in that order.[/quote]
And the estate of Frances Bavier, just to be safe.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 07:08:02 AM by chris319 »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2008, 06:15:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'198599\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 05:44 PM\']
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3084/bonus8vl4.jpg
[/quote]
Let's go to our celebrities...
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

rebelwrest

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2008, 06:33:00 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'198594\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 05:17 PM\']
[quote name=\'uncamark\' post=\'198583\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 12:42 PM\']
In case you can't pin down the guy
[/quote]
I'm straight, actually, so I'd rather not pin down the guy....
[/quote]

I'm gay, and if I had to pin him down trust me money or a gun was involved.
My favorite Win Ben Stein's Money Category:

Where Am I Doc? Urinalysis Restaurant.

Fedya

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2008, 10:36:21 PM »
Do any of comic Ant's shows air overseas? Maybe Ant and Dec could put forth a similar lawsuit against comic Ant since the comic is surely doing likewise to Ant and Dec's reputation in the UK.
I'm probably going to offend people by asking this, but am I the only person who doesn't get what the big deal is about Ant and Dec?  They were competent hosting Wanna Bet, but I didn't see anything special about them.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2008, 10:42:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'198626\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 07:36 PM\']I'm probably going to offend people by asking this, but am I the only person who doesn't get what the big deal is about Ant and Dec?  They were competent hosting Wanna Bet, but I didn't see anything special about them.[/quote]If you had seen Poker Face, Saturday Night Takeaway, Pop Idol or Britain's Got Talent, you'd get it.

They really have the "double act" thing down pat, and they're great presenters. There's not all that much more to say.
If you didn’t create it, it isn’t your content.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 12:07:36 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'198627\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 10:42 PM\']
They really have the "double act" thing down pat[/quote]
And ask Brian Dunkleman how important THAT is!
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Brig Bother

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 05:28:29 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'198627\' date=\'Oct 2 2008, 03:42 AM\']
[quote name=\'Fedya\' post=\'198626\' date=\'Oct 1 2008, 07:36 PM\']I'm probably going to offend people by asking this, but am I the only person who doesn't get what the big deal is about Ant and Dec?  They were competent hosting Wanna Bet, but I didn't see anything special about them.[/quote]If you had seen Poker Face, Saturday Night Takeaway, Pop Idol or Britain's Got Talent, you'd get it.

They really have the "double act" thing down pat, and they're great presenters. There's not all that much more to say.
[/quote]

To be honest it's their irreverent fronting of I'm a Celebrity over here which launched them into the big time, having done kids TV for years and pretty much making Saturday mornings worth getting up for. Mainly for shouting at stupid children for Wonkey Donkey.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 07:18:31 AM »
I'm told Ant originally wanted to sue for malpractice and elder abuse after breaking his neck falling down a flight of stairs at a dinner party, but his lawyer talked him out of it.
And the estate of Frances Bavier, just to be safe.
Everyone on the show pronounced it "Ain't Bee" (even Ron Howard) so I think her estate is safe.

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/b/Franc...nces_bavier.htm