Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR Showcase Question  (Read 2371 times)

CarShark

TPiR Showcase Question
« on: October 03, 2008, 07:12:54 PM »
I think that the Showcases have been a lot better this season. Feels like Drew's humor is seeping in more. He and Rich taking their banter from the IUFBs to the final round have definitely made it seem less routine and formulaic. The wordplay and one-time character Showcases are alright, but for a while, it seemed like all they knew how to do. The De-Garbagizer is pretty interesting as well.

EDIT-Nearly forgot the question. IS Drew putting his brushstrokes on the Showcases?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:13:24 PM by CarShark »

tpirfan28

TPiR Showcase Question
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2008, 07:21:43 PM »
[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'198817\' date=\'Oct 3 2008, 07:12 PM\']
The De-Garbagizer is pretty interesting as well.[/quote]That's one I really like...made it's debut last season (I think).

[quote name=\'CarShark\' post=\'198817\' date=\'Oct 3 2008, 07:12 PM\']
EDIT-Nearly forgot the question. IS Drew putting his brushstrokes on the Showcases?[/quote]Yes.  Personally, I don't think the showcases are that good yet (seems like they are trying to reach Wolpert corniness, but the writing and direction isn't there yet).
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

rwalker

TPiR Showcase Question
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:29:19 PM »
I take it you saw today's show? Probably something you'd expect during the Johnny Olson era of the show.
I think Rich had more camera time than Rod Roddy ever did, and it was rivaling Johnny's OC time also.

TroubadourNando

TPiR Showcase Question
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2008, 07:42:52 PM »
Rich getting face time is great, don't get me wrong, but something just felt awkward about that Showcase today to me.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
TPiR Showcase Question
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2008, 08:10:42 PM »
As I watched, I immediately thought of the showcases of days past. It felt as though Jay Wolpert was working on the show all over again.
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
TPiR Showcase Question
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2008, 02:14:52 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'198821\' date=\'Oct 3 2008, 07:42 PM\']
Rich getting face time is great, don't get me wrong, but something just felt awkward about that Showcase today to me.[/quote]
Maybe because it was first.

I like what they're trying to do, but I don't think there's enough time allotted to the Showcases to properly pull them off.  Still fun to look at, though.
This signature is currently under construction.

rwalker

TPiR Showcase Question
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 09:13:44 PM »
Well, today's was good....very good

I wonder how many rehearsals it took, though

/Lanisha is that strong in real life? Wow.