Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What kinda mic is this?  (Read 1366 times)

Argo

What kinda mic is this?
« on: October 12, 2008, 12:23:53 PM »
Found a pic from the late 70s-early 80s of a local CBC station in Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada. Wondering what type of microphone this is?
Maybe a bit hard to tell from the pic though.

http://www.karlwells.com/images/8b.jpg

Also, is there any microphone discussion boards around?

Thanks
Mark

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
What kinda mic is this?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 01:19:13 PM »
I'm one of the resident mic geeks around here, and this one has me stumped!!! I could swear I saw "Sony" on the grille, but I can't be too sure.

Microphone discussion boards?? Sure!!! There are a few!!! My personal favorites are gearslutz.com and Klaus Heyne's mic forum.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 01:19:27 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

Argo

What kinda mic is this?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 12:42:05 AM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'199483\' date=\'Oct 12 2008, 12:19 PM\']
I'm one of the resident mic geeks around here, and this one has me stumped!!! I could swear I saw "Sony" on the grille, but I can't be too sure.

Microphone discussion boards?? Sure!!! There are a few!!! My personal favorites are gearslutz.com and Klaus Heyne's mic forum.
[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Looks like a sony as well. I zoomed in to the pic and thought i saw what says to be 'sony' but didnt know of any that had a black windscreen, unless it was customized.

Mark