Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stupid Millionaire Question  (Read 1490 times)

TroubadourNando

Stupid Millionaire Question
« on: October 12, 2008, 05:44:37 PM »
This has been bugging me since I began watching GSN's reruns regularly recently. Why would Regis sometimes announce the names of only nine new contestants at the end of a show instead of the normal ten?

This is probably something very obvious that I'm missing...

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 05:50:47 PM »
[quote name=\'TroubadourNando\' post=\'199491\' date=\'Oct 12 2008, 04:44 PM\']
This has been bugging me since I began watching GSN's reruns regularly recently. Why would Regis sometimes announce the names of only nine new contestants at the end of a show instead of the normal ten?
[/quote]
I don't know for sure, but I could make a couple of logical guesses.  Either one of the players booked couldn't get in to NY (and they were unable to find a replacement), or there were questions with a contestant's potential eligibility (and they were unable to find a replacement).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 06:03:40 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'199492\' date=\'Oct 12 2008, 04:50 PM\']I don't know for sure, but I could make a couple of logical guesses.  Either one of the players booked couldn't get in to NY (and they were unable to find a replacement), or there were questions with a contestant's potential eligibility (and they were unable to find a replacement). [/quote]The latter of which happened at least once when a contestant was also a candidate for public office.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

TroubadourNando

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 07:38:55 PM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'199493\' date=\'Oct 12 2008, 06:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'199492\' date=\'Oct 12 2008, 04:50 PM\']I don't know for sure, but I could make a couple of logical guesses.  Either one of the players booked couldn't get in to NY (and they were unable to find a replacement), or there were questions with a contestant's potential eligibility (and they were unable to find a replacement). [/quote]The latter of which happened at least once when a contestant was also a candidate for public office.
[/quote]

That's probably it, although, it must mean they had such problems quite often, as I see nine-contestant episodes on GSN quite regularly...