Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Guide for the Married Woman  (Read 1648 times)

BrandonFG

A Guide for the Married Woman
« on: October 13, 2008, 02:17:08 AM »
It's airing now, but I'm sure it'll air in the future...

On Fox Movie Channel, there's a late-70s TV movie called A Guide for the Married Woman, starring Cybill Shepherd. However, it appears to be worth checking out for the extensive list of game show-related guest stars. I counted four hosts (Peter Marshall, Chuck Woolery, Elaine Joyce and Sarah Purcell), and even more who made appearances on shows (Tom Poston, George Gobel, and Barbara Feldon).

Obviously, there's most likely no game show content, but fun to see the hosts in acting roles...
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:41:24 AM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2008, 11:26:42 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'199504\' date=\'Oct 13 2008, 02:17 AM\']

On Fox Movie Channel, there's a late-70s TV movie called A Guide for the Married Woman, starring Cybill Shepherd. However, it appears to be worth checking out for the extensive list of game show-related guest stars. I counted four hosts (Peter Marshall, Chuck Woolery, Elaine Joyce and Sarah Purcell), and even more who made appearances on shows (Tom Poston, George Gobel, and Barbara Feldon).[/quote]
Poston was a host himself once, though certainly he's better known as a guest.  You can also add John Byner to the list.  That's SIX game show hosts in one movie.  Surely that's got to be some kind of record, especially for non-cameo roles.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gamed121683

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2008, 11:38:02 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'199509\' date=\'Oct 13 2008, 11:26 AM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'199504\' date=\'Oct 13 2008, 02:17 AM\']

On Fox Movie Channel, there's a late-70s TV movie called A Guide for the Married Woman, starring Cybill Shepherd. However, it appears to be worth checking out for the extensive list of game show-related guest stars. I counted four hosts (Peter Marshall, Chuck Woolery, Elaine Joyce and Sarah Purcell), and even more who made appearances on shows (Tom Poston, George Gobel, and Barbara Feldon).[/quote]
Poston was a host himself once, though certainly he's better known as a guest.  You can also add John Byner to the list.  That's SIX game show hosts in one movie.  Surely that's got to be some kind of record, especially for non-cameo roles.
[/quote]

Poston was a host? I didn't know that, which show? To me, he'll always be George Utley, the dimwitted yet likeable handyman on Newhart.

/I tape the reruns on WGN every Sunday.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 11:38:43 AM by gamed121683 »

Eric Paddon

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2008, 11:58:11 AM »
Poston hosted a short-lived Goodson-Todman show called "Split Personality" in 1958-59.   The pilot is in circulation.

tvwxman

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2008, 11:58:33 AM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' post=\'199510\' date=\'Oct 13 2008, 11:38 AM\']
Poston was a host? I didn't know that, which show?
[/quote]
Split Personality.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

colonial

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 11:58:42 AM »
Poston was a host? I didn't know that, which show?

"Split Personality" back in 1959.

Here's a review for said film, complete with scene shots...

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/27775/guide...arried-woman-a/

If the third photo is who I think it is, that may be the most disturbing photo of Chuck Woolery ever submitted to the world.

JD