Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hollywood Landmark Celebrates 60 Years  (Read 2013 times)

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Hollywood Landmark Celebrates 60 Years
« on: October 15, 2008, 12:00:34 AM »
Tonight, Canter's Delicatessen, a Hollywood landmark located near CBS Television City, celebrates its 60th year on Fairfax Avenue in Hollywood. In celebration of this auspicious occasion, Canter's is offering corned beef sandwiches for just 60 cents.

Canter's is the first stop on the Chris Clementson Hollywood Tour. Mr. Clementson often uses Canter's as his remote conference room (it is just five minutes from his home) and he has spun a few Goodson-Todman tales in both of the large but not necessarily luxurious dining rooms. It is also the official after-hours gathering spot for performances of WML? Live and various other on-stage undertakings around Hollywood.

I recommend Mish-Mosh with extra chicken.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 12:01:55 AM by chris319 »

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2008, 12:18:13 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'199660\' date=\'Oct 14 2008, 11:00 PM\']
[/quote]
I heartily endorse their breakfasts.

/Some of the best French toast I've ever had.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 09:51:57 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'199660\' date=\'Oct 15 2008, 12:00 AM\']
Tonight, Canter's Delicatessen, a Hollywood landmark located near CBS Television City, celebrates its 60th year on Fairfax Avenue in Hollywood. In celebration of this auspicious occasion, Canter's is offering corned beef sandwiches for just 60 cents.

Canter's is the first stop on the Chris Clementson Hollywood Tour. Mr. Clementson often uses Canter's as his remote conference room (it is just five minutes from his home) and he has spun a few Goodson-Todman tales in both of the large but not necessarily luxurious dining rooms. It is also the official after-hours gathering spot for performances of WML? Live and various other on-stage undertakings around Hollywood.

[/quote]
Can you send me a corned beef sandwich? I figure, with first class mail, it's still a bargain.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »
Man, now I wanna make some mishmosh soup. I wonder if matzo ball mix is going on sale at the store anytime soon...

/not Jewish enough to make my own
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

jdhernandez

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »
I must say..... best 60-cent meal I've ever had... even if I had to wait a long time to even get a seat in there at 11:15pm!

The only reason I knew about it was because a sign was posted up at Canter's Sunday night after the Dodgers won their playoff game. I had to make a point to head back there Tuesday night. I might head back there some time soon to make another trek. =)

Chris, we may need to take another group outing some time soon, eh? Canter's is the only restaurant where I will eat the pickles.
-Jason Hernandez; aka "Dimples"

Tomarken: "...somebody else could do this job!"

Rod Roddy: "Yes, I'm afraid that's true."

~Rod making a joke after Peter complains that it's Labor Day and he shouldn't be working on Press Your Luck.

Fedya

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2008, 03:15:24 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'199660\' date=\'Oct 15 2008, 12:00 AM\']

I recommend Mish-Mosh with extra chicken.[/quote]
Shouldn't the last paragraph read, "Mr. Clementson recommends Mish-Mosh with extra chicken"?
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at <a href=\"http://justacineast.blogspot.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://justacineast.blogspot.com/[/url]

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

WhammyGuy28

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 09:01:37 AM »
[quote name=\'jdhernandez\' post=\'199723\' date=\'Oct 15 2008, 11:12 AM\']
Chris, we may need to take another group outing some time soon, eh? Canter's is the only restaurant where I will eat the pickles.
[/quote]

Correction: ONE pickle. ;)

/Cuz I'm a jerk like that.
//And I was there. =)
///Canter's is awesome. The end.
"What kind of man would live in a world where there is no daring? I don't believe in taking foolish chances, but nothing can be accomplished without taking any chance at all."

-- Charles Augustus Lindberg

Offshored2007

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2008, 03:17:21 PM »
Oy, I'm getting hungry just reading this thread.  Ate there once many years ago.   Did not get a chance to visit last month.