Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Related Halloween Costume  (Read 3462 times)

mmb5

Game Show Related Halloween Costume
« on: October 31, 2008, 11:05:13 PM »
Tonight at the Michigan-Ohio State hockey game, six students were dressed as contestants on Legends of the Hidden Temple.  Each had a different colored shirt with appropriate logo, each had goofy yellow helmet, each had kneepads.  Sorry I couldn't get a picture.

--Mike
Portions of this post not affecting the outcome have been edited or recreated.

whewfan

« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 05:51:38 AM »
I don't have a game show related COSTUME, but my brother sent me something game show related that he got for Autumn.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=184...amp;ref=profile

Just look under the album "Halloween at San Jose"

opimus

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 12:14:40 PM »
What is it ? I have no desire to join face book.

whewfan

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2008, 01:47:58 PM »
I don't think you have to join Facebook to look at the pages, do you? Well, Brian had gotten Autumn her own Plinko board (it's not the "official" TPIR version but it has the chips and the pegs and such) I'll put a picture of it on my Myspace page then, later today.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2008, 02:03:25 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' post=\'200844\' date=\'Nov 1 2008, 12:47 PM\']
I don't think you have to join Facebook to look at the pages, do you?[/quote]Yes, you do.  Not only that, but your brother would have to accept me as a friend.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

vtown7

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2008, 08:27:10 AM »
For the first time since I was about 11 - when I went as a Double Dare contestant (long story) - I went with a game show theme.  I was happy that a few people got the reference, but that's because they know me.

Flokati Rug?

Cheers,

Ryan :)

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2008, 12:00:31 PM »
A reasonably clever idea I've seen around college campuses - well, clever in that it's a cheap, easily recognizable costume - is writing "I Love Bob" or some such on a t-shirt, along with an accurately drawn TPIR-type nametag. Some markers and a white shirt - easy.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2008, 02:15:53 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'200891\' date=\'Nov 2 2008, 09:00 AM\']
A reasonably clever idea I've seen around college campuses - well, clever in that it's a cheap, easily recognizable costume - is writing "I Love Bob" or some such on a t-shirt, along with an accurately drawn TPIR-type nametag. Some markers and a white shirt - easy.[/quote]
That sounds like the collegiate equivalent of when people would rip up a white T-shirt and claim to be a punk rocker when I was in middle school. (And yes, it was lame then too.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2008, 03:31:11 PM »
At the very least, it's a step above those "punny" costumes that seem to circulate morning radio/e-mail forwards every Halloween. Taping a quarter to your back = quarterback. Taping pictures of Deniro to yourself - Mucho Dinero. Or the ever present "I'm wearing a bow" = God's gift to women costume.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 03:36:10 PM »
My former roommate witnessed a couple of more interesting pun costumes:  Tuxedo + "I'm sorry" = formal apology, and there was the one guy who arrived at a Halloween party wearing nothing but his trousers....
This signature is currently under construction.

uncamark

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 05:33:16 PM »
Not exactly Halloween, but a recent production of "Candide" in Chicago had the "sheep" that appear in a late scene of the show (when our hero lands on El Dorado) dressed as "DOND" models with sheep ears and woolly hair, complete with briefcases (numbers 7 and 13, if you must know).  The only rewrite of the book was having the governor shout "Deal!" at one point.  (Of course, I realize that there are perhaps only two other regulars on this forum who will understand what I'm talking about.)  Unfortunately, they did not consider rewriting Hugh Wheeler's book to have Candide say, "Hello, sheep!" and have the sheep answer "Hi, Candide!  Baaaah!"

BrandonFG

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 07:44:34 PM »
No sooner than I read all this, did I see my friend's Facebook pic, where she wears a T-shirt with the letter "P" across the front, and a shiner across her eye.

She was a "Black-eyed pea". (sigh)

/I kept it simple
//I wore a jailbird costume
///With a piece of paper that said "FALCONS" and a number 7
////Won me a Red Robin gift card
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

calliaume

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 08:22:31 PM »
Best one I ever saw was at the Greenwich Village Halloween parade many years back -- three people, walking within large cardboard boxes attached together, to resemble Jeopardy contestants at their podiums.

uncamark

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2008, 04:56:26 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'200964\' date=\'Nov 3 2008, 07:08 PM\']
Best one I ever saw was at the Greenwich Village Halloween parade many years back -- three people, walking within large cardboard boxes attached together, to resemble Jeopardy contestants at their podiums.
[/quote]

During the one year "Wheel Jr." was on, Navy Pier in Chicago had the "Wheel Jr." road show through at Halloween time.  Among the costumes was a girl dressed as the set of "Wheel," with the wheel over most of her body and the puzzle board, contestant podia and five Barbie family dolls representing Pat, Vanna and the contestants on top of her head.  I believe she won.

For the record, David Cidoni did appear as host, but Cyber-Lucy didn't.  :)