Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR "Fan Panel"  (Read 3070 times)

tpirfan28

TPIR "Fan Panel"
« on: October 26, 2008, 07:13:25 PM »
Link to the Fan Panel, on CBS.com

Essentially, CBS wants your opinion on this season...the prizes, the showcases, why you watch, etc.  Roughly ten questions.  Figured it should be posted here so everyone can get their view "heard" by CBS.

(let's not make this thread a pissing match.  Please?)
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

snowpeck

TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2008, 07:32:14 PM »
I love how when you finish, the name of the poll suddenly changes to "The Young & The Restless Fan Panel".
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2008, 11:22:09 PM »
I think this is awesome, and I hope everyone who is dissatisfied with where the show is going takes the time to go over there and plead their case.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana
TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
Of course, it doesn't give you a chane to *specify* what you don't like about the showcases this year. They may just assume you don't like the prizes but think the comedy's great.

/Script of the future:
RF: "Hey, Drew, what's up?"
DC: "My butt itches!"
RF: "Cool! Here's a new PORSCHE!!"
@lambertman

tpirfan28

TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:53:35 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'200506\' date=\'Oct 26 2008, 11:22 PM\']
I think this is awesome, and I hope everyone who is dissatisfied with where the show is going takes the time to go over there and plead their case.
[/quote]
And if you like the way the show is going, tell them too.

[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'200511\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 09:38 AM\']
Of course, it doesn't give you a chane to *specify* what you don't like about the showcases this year.[/quote]
I like the fact that the models get to talk and Rich gets camera time.  Horrible showcase writing.

/quoting Wikipedia nearly ad verbum for a showcase = fail
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 10:04:25 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'200514\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 09:53 AM\']
[/quote]
When did this happen?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

tpirfan28

TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 10:44:25 AM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'200515\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 10:04 AM\']
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'200514\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 09:53 AM\']
[/quote]
When did this happen?
[/quote]
Go to Friday's show here on CBS.com, zip forward to the showcases, and compare what is said about the first prize to the first few lines of its Wikipedia article.

And before ANYONE says "Well they said it came from Wikipedia!!!"...does Merriam-Webster not publish an encyclopedia?  Does World Book not do encyclopedias?

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 11:17:36 AM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'200511\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 08:38 AM\']
/Script of the future:
RF: "Hey, Drew, what's up?"
DC: "My butt itches!"
RF: "Cool! Here's a new PORSCHE!!"
[/quote]
I lol'd.

/Look for it January 16.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 11:30:58 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'200516\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 07:44 AM\']
And before ANYONE says "Well they said it came from Wikipedia!!!"...does Merriam-Webster not publish an encyclopedia?  Does World Book not do encyclopedias?[/quote]
Does it matter, if they quoted their source?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Steve Gavazzi

TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 11:44:22 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'200519\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 11:30 AM\'][quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'200516\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 07:44 AM\']And before ANYONE says "Well they said it came from Wikipedia!!!"...does Merriam-Webster not publish an encyclopedia?  Does World Book not do encyclopedias?[/quote]Does it matter, if they quoted their source?[/quote]
That wasn't even the problem, in my eyes -- what got me was that they only mentioned Wikipedia once during the whole thing, and it wasn't even in a way that made it clear that it was supposed to be the theme of the showcase.  If they'd been a little more explicit about it, Rachel fumbling around while trying to describe the last prize (which, ironically, was the only part of the whole thing I thought was actually funny) would have made a lot more sense.

JMFabiano

TPIR "Fan Panel"
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2008, 11:36:50 PM »
[quote name=\'ChrisLambert!\' post=\'200511\' date=\'Oct 27 2008, 09:38 AM\']
Of course, it doesn't give you a chane to *specify* what you don't like about the showcases this year. They may just assume you don't like the prizes but think the comedy's great.
[/quote]

Which is why you should follow this poll up with a letter on the feedback form at CBS's site, stat (and/or TPIR.com, I say "and-or" assuming that it all goes back to CBS)  

I already wrote myself, explaining that, while I am not a Chicken Little -- nor do I want to be one -- there were things of concern to diehard fans of the show, and I named them.  (Not in those words exactly, of course)  I also referenced them to some of said fans' criticisms.  I said I was grateful for having the same format and games, but it's what they're framed around that needs help.  

Is it foolproof?  Maybe not, but better than nothing.  At least you are trying to actually speak with someone that WOULD help make a difference.  

/Yes, I'm back.
//And I'm sorry for my past behavior.  
///I need some time to master this slashing stuff.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2008, 11:37:29 PM by JMFabiano »
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.