Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: i dreamt i was on donnymid last night  (Read 6980 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
i dreamt i was on donnymid last night
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 01:49:31 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'200996\' date=\'Nov 3 2008, 10:34 PM\']
Sorry, but I have absolutely zero tolerance for crap like that.[/quote]
Believe me, Mark, nobody is surprised.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 07:42:56 AM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'200989\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 12:13 AM\']
As a black guy myself, I didn't find anything racist at all about toetyper's clue.
[/quote]
Same here. It might not have made me lol'd, but I wouldn't jump on the racism bandwagon. Very poorly-worded context though........
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

tyshaun1

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
As the third "black guy" in this thread, I looked at the post last night and didn't think twice about it, although that was because I thought it to be a completely useless (it is toetyper) post more than anything. Never even considered any racial undertones, but to each his own......

Tyshaun

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 09:02:56 AM »
I leave it to the people on this board who are black to take offense or not take offense.  If they're not going to get ticked about it, I'm going to use their example of taking the high road.

That said, even toetyper admitted that the post was a bad idea, and made it anyway.  Fortunately, if he's thinking of saying something dumb, he just has to think about sticking his foot in his mouth.

/ see, I can be quasi-tasteless too.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:01 AM »
[quote name=\'parliboy\' post=\'201007\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 07:48 AM\']
That said, even toetyper admitted that the post was a bad idea, and made it anyway.  Fortunately, if he's thinking of saying something dumb, he just has to think about sticking his foot in his mouth.
[/quote]
Ewww.

What bothers me more is that he felt compelled to share this dream with us.  Racial overtones be danged, but it just smacks of a PJTP moment, and the best idea might have been to just leave the thought in his head (or even better, get it out of his head and never think of it again).
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 12:06:36 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'200996\' date=\'Nov 3 2008, 10:34 PM\']I think everyone has an equal right to be offended.[/quote]I also have an "equal right" to have pizza and beer for my three squares a day, but it doesn't mean that's all I eat. The idea that you have the "right" to be offended is part of what's ruining America, as well as refusing to acknowledge the fact that a person's taking offense means that the receiver has the problem, not the giver, or anyone else.

Just because you take offense doesn't mean you're in the right or that anyone else has to placate you.
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 12:32:23 PM »
I'll admit I overreacted, sorry for all the dramatics.

I still stand by calling toetyper's "gag" unfunny, though.
-Joe Raygor

Johnissoevil

« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 12:36:03 PM »
I didn't lol, and I didn't get offended by the comments.  I just wondered what you ate before you went to bed, though.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 01:02:01 PM »
Maybe other people didn't find this offensive (including, as was said, people you'd think would be offended), but I did.

And it's not fair.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 01:58:33 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 02:06:34 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'201023\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 12:48 PM\']
Maybe other people didn't find this offensive (including, as was said, people you'd think would be offended), but I did.

And it's not fair.
[/quote]
Oh, get over it.

I'm sorry, I don't see what's offensive about this. Is he NOT a black guy running for President?

Without saying his name, and in the current political climate, wouldn't that be a surefire way to get someone to identify Barack Obama?

I really think you are making a MUCH bigger deal about this than what is necessary. There are far better things to be so offended by.

/Like the fact that the post really contributed NOTHING to the board.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 02:21:38 PM by DoorNumberFour »
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

PYLdude

« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 02:16:43 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'201025\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 01:52 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'201023\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 12:48 PM\']

And it's not fair.
[/quote]
Oh, get over it.
[/quote]

All I'm saying is that I've been yelled at for a lot less in my time here.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Johnissoevil\' post=\'201020\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 11:22 AM\']
I didn't lol, and I didn't get offended by the comments.  I just wondered what you ate before you went to bed, though.
[/quote]

I think the correct question is "What did he smoke before he went to bed..."

/ As a afro-american person...this is just bizarre. I'm not offended, just had a "dubya-tee-eff" moment.

PYLdude

« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 06:24:10 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'201049\' date=\'Nov 4 2008, 05:47 PM\']
"dubya-tee-eff"
[/quote]

I think I might start using that.

Well done, Strikerz.

Speedy G

« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 09:39:44 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'200986\' date=\'Nov 3 2008, 11:46 PM\']
(so help me God if anyone says "there weren't $100 boxes on Donnymid!" I will flood your mailbox with facepalms)
[/quote]
Can I have the facepalms so I don't have to watch Donnymid ever again?  =D

/this thread's worth an eyeroll and an addition to the ignore list, but that's about it
//if that's the best you can come up with to make an on-topic political comment on election day, just stop
Solar-powered flashlight, hour 4 of the Today show, the Purple Parrots.  *rips open envelope, blows into it*

tpirfan28

« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 09:53:17 PM »
If I'm in the Winnar's Circle, I personally am using the clue provided.  It's a direct, specific, insta-general knowledge clue in a pressure situation.  You would probably eventually get it with "democratic senator", but might just waste a couple of seconds, definitely needed for the top box of "What The Rockefeller Center Ice Rink Might Say".

Not really racist, but alas.

/I had a dream that bears were attacking in the downtown of my fairly-large city
//See, bizarre dream with no tangable GS-ness.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"