Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Rafferty Blockbusters Question  (Read 1452 times)

arrowood20

Rafferty Blockbusters Question
« on: November 15, 2008, 03:15:04 PM »
Was this version of the show meant to just be a placeholder until "Classic Concentration" was ready, or did the ratings turn out so bad that NBC just cancelled  it for that reason? I thought it was a pretty good version, myself.

Ryan :)

whewfan

« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 03:19:58 PM »
I did read someplace that it was a placeholder for Classic Concentration. I remember one Rafferty Blockbusters where they do a plug for Concentration contestants during the show. Similarly, I remember when Bob Barker did a plug for Family Feud contestants when Ray Combs' version was going to premiere.

tvwxman

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 03:21:45 PM »
Sure helped to all be owned by the same company! Nothing like the veteran shows giving a little love to the rookies...higher ratings meant a win for all parties involved!
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »
Time for another episode in the never-ending saga of <EchoChamber>INVISION REWIND!<end/EchoChamber>.

Let's go back to 5/2/05, shall we?  I think you'll find a couple of definitive answers there.  Oh yeah, I also posted in that thread, but don't let that stop you.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 03:33:01 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 03:56:53 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'201715\' date=\'Nov 15 2008, 12:31 PM\']
Time for another episode in the never-ending saga of <EchoChamber>INVISION REWIND!<end/EchoChamber>.[/quote]
Is thirsty
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 05:44:53 PM »
If it was only gonna run 13 weeks, why didn't they get Bill Cullen to do it?  He did appear on Pyramid one more time after Blockbusters 87 went off.

It's obvious that the show was supposed to run as long as it was successful.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2008, 05:48:40 PM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

whewfan

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 06:03:50 PM »
I think Bill considered himself retired after TJW went off the air. Still, it might've been interesting to see Bill have one last shot at hosting, and he really shined on Blockbusters.