Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Chuck Woolery Returns to FOX  (Read 2192 times)

TravisP

Chuck Woolery Returns to FOX
« on: December 03, 2008, 01:33:34 PM »
Interesting discovery today that FOX's press release site has released pictures from an episode of Don't Forget the Lyrics! featuring an appearance by the former Greed presenter. The episode will be shown on Friday 19th December.

rugrats1

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 10:20:05 PM »
Let me guess -- the show will have "Naturally Stoned" as its million-dollar song (never mind that it never made it to #1).

uncamark

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 01:16:27 PM »
[quote name=\'TravisP\' post=\'202780\' date=\'Dec 3 2008, 12:33 PM\']
Interesting discovery today that FOX's press release site has released pictures from an episode of Don't Forget the Lyrics! featuring an appearance by the former Greed presenter. The episode will be shown on Friday 19th December.
[/quote]

TVG description:  "Game-show host Chuck Woolery and Australian pop-music act Air Supply help two strangers compete together in a search for romance and a big payday."  OK.

For the record, this is the first civilian show after two weeks of celeb shows--tomorrow night is Eddie Money and his daughter (who I assume will cover for Ronnie Spector on "Take Me Home Tonight"), next week is a team of two former Miss Americas and the reigning Miss America playing to replenish the scholarship funds (those cable contracts aren't as lucrative as the network contracts, huh?).  I had a brief run-in with one of next week's contestants, Susan Powell (1982--she did that "Home Matters" show on Discovery for years) when she appeared in a show at the theater in Chicago where I do volunteer work.  It was an awful musical called "Africa and Plumbridge," in which a rich woman whose husband owns one of the horse racing tracks in Chicago glorified herself as the real-life savior of a poor African-American girl living in an orphanage (who of course was chubby and sang a big gospel number, in that Broadway tradition immortalized in the number in Martin Short's show about "the big black girl saving the show").  Powell played the author in the show without even attempting the real-life woman's British accent and offstage was following Laid Back's advice in "White Horse":  "If you want to be rich/You got to be a..."  When the show moved to the New York Fringe Festival from its Chicago tuneup, Powell was fired.

Another hint about how bad the show was:  After the big black girl does her big gospel number, the whitebread young nun character in the orphanage gets this line:  "You should be on 'American Idolatry!'"  Cue Mother MacKenzie.

ChuckNet

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 06:20:42 PM »
Powell had a few prior GS credits, as well...she made a cameo appearance in the audience of Face the Music during a 2nd season ep (they made a point of introducing her on camera, even flashing a graphic w/her name and having producers Ray Horl and Peggy Touchstone present her w/roses), was one of the participants in a Dawson FF "American Beauty Queen Special" week, and most recently appeared in the 2nd season of Donnymid during their Miss America Week.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")