Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nickelodeon casting new memory-based game show  (Read 4324 times)

Game Show Man

• Admiral Anaheim, Big Joey Numbers, etc.
Nickelodeon casting new memory-based game show
« on: December 08, 2008, 09:52:56 PM »
Found on Craig'sList.org Los Angeles:

Nickelodeon casting notice
"Game Show Man" Joe Van Ginkel
captvangin@aol.com
"Remember, reality bites, so WATCH MORE GAME SHOWS!"

chad1m

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2008, 09:55:59 PM »
Hm. Something along the lines of Kiddie Concentration, perhaps? Or is that a lot to hope for with the general state of kids television? (I will admit that I enjoyed the revival of GUTS and thought it was done very well.)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 09:57:02 PM by chad1m »

geno57

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2008, 01:43:53 AM »
[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'203195\' date=\'Dec 8 2008, 08:55 PM\']
Hm. Something along the lines of Kiddie Concentration, perhaps? [/quote]

Wow, this really does sound like a possible revival of "Concentration"!  I hope so.  I'd watch it!

William_S.

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2008, 01:54:53 AM »
Crap!! My nephews are 1-2 years too young. or else they could go on. If this hold true and is a possible that we may get a kids/Nick form of Concentration, then I'll definitely be watching!!

/anyone got a de-ager?
//God forbid if fremantle's involved.

MTCesquire

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2008, 03:14:47 AM »
Hate to be Buzz Killington and whatnot, but all the ad said was that they wanted contestants to have a great memory and great concentration.  That could mean anything.  You guys see the word "concentration" and are ready to start firing up your Classic Concentration MP3's in celebration of this occasion.  I'd love to be proven wrong, however my money's on some half-assed original format created by Nickelodeon since it would be cheaper to make something new than it would be to lease the rights for Concentration from NBC.  Not that Viacom couldn't afford it, but...

Craig Karlberg

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2008, 03:38:56 AM »
If anything else, it could be an extension of Get The Picture's bonus round where kids saw 9 pictures on a giant 3x3 video screen.  All the pictures had a theme in common & the players had 10 seconds to study the pictures before they were covered up.  Then they had 45 seconds to match a particular picture with the clue by hitting what they think is the corresponding number on a large keypad.  Maybe that's what Craigslist is going for here.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2008, 09:01:58 AM »
[quote name=\'MTCesquire\' post=\'203215\' date=\'Dec 9 2008, 03:14 AM\']
Hate to be Buzz Killington and whatnot, but all the ad said was that they wanted contestants to have a great memory and great concentration.  That could mean anything.  You guys see the word "concentration" and are ready to start firing up your Classic Concentration MP3's in celebration of this occasion.  I'd love to be proven wrong, however my money's on some half-assed original format created by Nickelodeon since it would be cheaper to make something new than it would be to lease the rights for Concentration from NBC.  Not that Viacom couldn't afford it, but...
[/quote]

Okay, I'll settle for a revival of "Joe Garagiola's Memory Game." :)
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

WhammyPower

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2008, 09:44:41 AM »
I call shenanigans for three reasons:

1) Holy bad grammar, Batman!  Include Send 2 recent jpg close up photos of yourself
2) The email to send stuff to is at gmail?  Uh, right.
3) When has Nick ever taped a game show in LA?

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2008, 09:54:38 AM »
In a nutshell, it's a typical Craig's List casting post. The need to see how a potential contestant looks seems par for the course nowadays. And looking at others on the page, many use a gmail.com e-mail addy. It's a free way to a get a clean-sounding e-mail address without having your own dot-com. And Nick has produced several shows in LA; game shows don't have to be exclusive to (their now former homebase) of Florida.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

weaklink75

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2008, 10:33:42 AM »
I think the Syndicated version of Finders Keepers was taped in LA....This is the first real studio-based game show Nick has done in what, at least 5 years? (MYGG really doesn't count, it's more of a sports show than a game show)..
« Last Edit: December 09, 2008, 10:36:03 AM by weaklink75 »

CJBojangles

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2008, 11:36:56 AM »
I lol'd at the subtopic.

rwalker

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2008, 03:52:57 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'203239\' date=\'Dec 9 2008, 11:36 AM\']
I lol'd at the subtopic.
[/quote]

I'll second that. Even though DD was tape in Philly, at least it did have a high profile slot when it was done as "Family Double Dare" on Fox. Interesting that Nicklodeon would create this too.  Even though I've never seen them, maybe they'll do "Wheel 200x "and "Jep!" again also.

uncamark

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2008, 12:28:25 PM »
And Nick does have a studio that seats audiences over on Sunset, where Ed McMahon did "Star Search" and Jack Bailey did "Queen for a Day" back in the past.  (And "Triple Threat.")  Even if "Drake and Josh" and "iCarly" are taping there, if they follow typical multi-camera sitcom production schedules (not a certainty with cable), there's still five days a week to tape a game show in the studio.