Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mark L. Walberg has a new gig...  (Read 4679 times)

BrandonFG

Mark L. Walberg has a new gig...
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2008, 10:34:14 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'204716\' date=\'Dec 25 2008, 11:05 PM\']
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'204714\' date=\'Dec 25 2008, 09:19 PM\'][quote name=\'TheLastResort\' post=\'204712\' date=\'Dec 25 2008, 10:10 PM\']I wouldn't mind seeing Marc Summers hosting though.  He's got the talent and he's earned it.[/quote]And he's just as well-known as Carey. [/quote]
I would doubt that very seriously.  Maybe in our insular little world of game show fans, but not to the general public.
[/quote]
I should clarify. I was referring to the younger generation who watched him on DD in the 80s and 90s.

But point taken.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2008, 11:23:07 PM »
I used to watch Double Dare when I was a kid, and when I saw Marc's name online for the first time around '98, I didn't even know who he was.  Most people probably haven't heard his name in considerably longer than that.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2008, 11:23:30 PM by Steve Gavazzi »

peiboy91

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »
I was just in Vegas and saw TPIR Live on Christmas day for the second time with Todd and Randy (the last time being April of last year). Every time I see it makes me wish more and more that they were the ones doing the show at the Bob Barker Studio. I do agree with the criticism of Todd's hosting on Whammy!, but he does a terrific job with the stage show and has great on-stage chemistry with Randy. They also take the time to meet the audience members as they exit the theater which adds a nice personal touch to the show.

On a side note, there's a relatively new show called the $1,000,000 Vegas Game Show (NOT the Eubanks/Farr/Woolery show which is no longer running). Most of the prizes are el cheapo and the big ones especially the million are next to impossible to win, however I'd say it's worth a shot if you have a free afternoon and can get half price tix like I did.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 11:34:51 PM by peiboy91 »

gsgalaxy82

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2008, 10:42:33 PM »
[quote name=\'peiboy91\' post=\'204890\' date=\'Dec 27 2008, 10:28 PM\']
On a side note, there's a relatively new show called the $1,000,000 Vegas Game Show (NOT the Eubanks/Farr/Woolery show which is not longer running). Most of the prizes are el cheapo and the big ones especially the million are next to impossible to win, however I'd say it's worth a shot if you have a free afternoon and can get half price tix like I did.
[/quote]

Funny you mention that....I went to that last Sunday. I actually got to play for the million, but sadly didn't win. I didn't win the show tix either, haha. But I got a hat. I think it's a good show, but it's one of those things that if you see it once, you've seen it enough. Not like TPIR Live where you can go multiple times and it's fun each time. $1,000,000 Game Show is kinda like a lottery show with next to nothing knowledge needed. All you need to know how to do is yell "SHOW ME THE MONEY!" haha.

Thunder

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2008, 12:10:04 AM »
Looking at their website, "Your On A Roll" makes the Baby English Teacher Jesus cry.