Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A collection of 52 game show stock images  (Read 3304 times)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
A collection of 52 game show stock images
« on: April 12, 2009, 03:39:21 PM »
Had these on my computer and thought I'd share...contains pictures I've never seen anywhere else, from Twenty-One, The Money Maze, To Tell The Truth, etc.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ejjz9s
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 04:09:40 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'212889\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 12:39 PM\']
Had these on my computer and thought I'd share...contains pictures I've never seen anywhere else, from Twenty-One, The Money Maze, To Tell The Truth, etc.[/quote]
If they're from Corbis, are you legal to do that? Did they start out in the public domain?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 04:28:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'212892\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 04:09 PM\']
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'212889\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 12:39 PM\']
Had these on my computer and thought I'd share...contains pictures I've never seen anywhere else, from Twenty-One, The Money Maze, To Tell The Truth, etc.[/quote]
If they're from Corbis, are you legal to do that? Did they start out in the public domain?
[/quote]
They're all searchable on Corbis.com. That's where these came from.
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 04:51:56 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'212895\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 01:28 PM\']
They're all searchable on Corbis.com. That's where these came from.[/quote]
Ah, okay, so they're the watermarked ones. I suppose for personal use that's not a problem then.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

calliaume

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'212889\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 02:39 PM\']
Had these on my computer and thought I'd share...contains pictures I've never seen anywhere else, from Twenty-One, The Money Maze, To Tell The Truth, etc.
[/quote]
Of course my eyes lit up when I saw The Money Maze.  One was used in Maxene Fabe's book TV Game Shows, the other is new to me.  The towers look more like the series, but Nick Clooney didn't have his perm yet -- I wonder if this was a second pilot or run-through.  (Or, let's face it, he may not have had a perm the whole way through; it's been over 34 years.)

Good shots.  Not for use on web sites.

davemackey

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 07:18:08 PM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'212899\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 05:30 PM\']
[quote name=\'DoorNumberFour\' post=\'212889\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 02:39 PM\']
[/quote]
Of course my eyes lit up when I saw The Money Maze.  One was used in Maxene Fabe's book TV Game Shows, the other is new to me.  The towers look more like the series, but Nick Clooney didn't have his perm yet -- I wonder if this was a second pilot or run-through.  (Or, let's face it, he may not have had a perm the whole way through; it's been over 34 years.)

Good shots.  Not for use on web sites.
[/quote]
I don't think there was a revolving door in the middle of the maze on the pilot. Definitely when it went to series. But I don't ever remember Clooney having permed hair at any time in the show's run.

calliaume

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 10:21:32 PM »
[quote name=\'davemackey\' post=\'212919\' date=\'Apr 12 2009, 06:18 PM\']
I don't think there was a revolving door in the middle of the maze on the pilot. Definitely when it went to series. But I don't ever remember Clooney having permed hair at any time in the show's run.
[/quote]
You're right about the revolving door.  And the Crow's Nest looks centered here, instead of a bit to the left next to the game play podium.  So it's definitely from the series.  (I thought the woman calling out directions looked similar to one of the wives in the pilot, but it was the '70s and everybody dressed that way.)

I'm sticking with my memory of the perm, though.  First thing my mom noticed about him was the perm and capped teeth.  He was questioned about this during a stopdown in the taping I went to, and claimed the teeth were all his.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 07:49:59 AM »
On "Money Maze," as I recall, all of the contestants wore those "safari" jackets.

As the camera usually was focused on the maze during the dashes, I wonder how much pointing was done in addition to the verbal directions?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 07:51:24 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Neumms

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 11:52:49 PM »
One of the shots was of what appeared to be a TV version of "Chutes and Ladders." Anybody know about that?

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2009, 12:13:23 AM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'213319\' date=\'Apr 16 2009, 11:52 PM\']
One of the shots was of what appeared to be a TV version of "Chutes and Ladders." Anybody know about that?
[/quote]
That was a British game show called "Snakes and Ladders". The man in the photo is producer Bill Perry. The photo was taken in August of 1958.

Source.

UKGameshows.com entry (not much other info except for the airdate and network).
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 12:15:32 AM by DoorNumberFour »