Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upcoming TPiR pricing game changes  (Read 6040 times)

HYHYBT

Upcoming TPiR pricing game changes
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2009, 09:45:21 PM »
I doubt it would work that way... besides, then you'd have cars UFB followed by a pricing game for a dishwasher and a supply of chili?
"If you ask me to repeat this I'm gonna punch you right in the nose" -- Geoff Edwards, Play the Percentages

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »
it would seem to me that if you have a 100% certainty that the prize is being given away, as in an IUFB, would you not want to utilize a prize which impacts your budget at a greatly reduced price, especially one which is said to be very over currently?
No, because the discount (if any) applies whether or not the prize is won. They get a discount for plugging the prize and mentioning the manufacturer's name, win or lose. If the prize is offered as part of a stage game and the game is lost, they can offer that prize again -- it's already bought and paid for. So it makes a little more sense economically to use those prizes in stage games.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2009, 10:20:27 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'206772\' date=\'Jan 21 2009, 07:18 PM\']
it would seem to me that if you have a 100% certainty that the prize is being given away, as in an IUFB, would you not want to utilize a prize which impacts your budget at a greatly reduced price, especially one which is said to be very over currently?
No, because the discount (if any) applies whether or not the prize is won. They get a discount for plugging the prize and mentioning the manufacturer's name, win or lose. If the prize is offered as part of a stage game and the game is lost, they can offer that prize again -- it's already bought and paid for. So it makes a little more sense economically to use those prizes in stage games.
[/quote]
Thanks for shedding light on this. I think he was operating on the assumption that if a plugless prize was not won, it could be returned and not paid for.