Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Progressive Jackpots  (Read 13816 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Progressive Jackpots
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2009, 07:09:55 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'207454\' date=\'Feb 2 2009, 03:55 PM\']
Sorry you don't get it.[/quote]
Don't be. I'm certainly not.
So maybe I'm not understanding: was your original comment meant to say that you would refuse to appear on such a show on principle?

As odd as that may seem, yes.
Odd? No. Still contradictory? Yep.

/sorry, Chad, I'm done.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Progressive Jackpots
« Reply #61 on: February 02, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'207459\' date=\'Feb 2 2009, 07:09 PM\']
Odd? No. Still contradictory? Yep.
[/quote]

Well, if I'm not gonna convince you your line of questioning is being conducted under false assumptions and pretenses then I never will.

/I too am done...I hope.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Progressive Jackpots
« Reply #62 on: February 02, 2009, 07:43:21 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'207450\' date=\'Feb 2 2009, 06:46 PM\']No show- NO SHOW- should have a bonus game where the potential pot you're playing for is reduced every time you fail to get it.[/quote]Although it didn't involve returning champions--I'll assume you didn't care for Face the Music either?
--Mark
Phil 4:13

BrandonFG

Progressive Jackpots
« Reply #63 on: February 02, 2009, 07:46:07 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'207461\' date=\'Feb 2 2009, 07:43 PM\']
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'207450\' date=\'Feb 2 2009, 06:46 PM\']No show- NO SHOW- should have a bonus game where the potential pot you're playing for is reduced every time you fail to get it.[/quote]Although it didn't involve returning champions--I'll assume you didn't care for Face the Music either?
[/quote]
I was trying to figure out if there was a show that diminished the jackpot as the game progressed. Good example. The "Championship Round" mounted tension nicely, and didn't reward players for using the extra clues, in this case, song titles.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Progressive Jackpots
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2009, 07:55:06 PM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'207461\' date=\'Feb 2 2009, 07:43 PM\']
[/quote]

I guess I'm not done, since Mark completely WHIFFED on my point.

Since Face the Music's potential top prize remained the same no matter how many times you went back to play for it (meaning yes, Mark, returning champions), that's not relevant to my point.

If anything, Face the Music did a downward decline the right way. But no matter how many times you played the round the top prize ($10,000) never dropped. It just wasn't always that easy to WIN it, but they never made the starting value lower if you didn't get it the previous day, right?

(I didn't care for Face the Music entirely, but for other reasons.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 07:56:03 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022