Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: "5th Grader" in syndication yet?  (Read 2137 times)

rugrats1

"5th Grader" in syndication yet?
« on: February 08, 2009, 08:29:06 PM »
Recently in Wikipedia, it was mentioned that "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" has begun daily syndication. However, I am very skeptical of this, as I thought the daily series wouldn't start until this Fall (plus the usual fact that the quality of Wiki articles are only as good as those who wrote them).

Is it on the air yet? Or am I right to call their bluff?

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 09:01:46 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'207818\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 08:29 PM\']
Or am I right to call their bluff?
[/quote]
You are right to call their bluff.

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 09:02:54 PM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'207818\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 07:29 PM\']
Recently in Wikipedia, it was mentioned that "Are You Smarter than a 5th Grader?" has begun daily syndication. However, I am very skeptical of this, as I thought the daily series wouldn't start until this Fall (plus the usual fact that the quality of Wiki articles are only as good as those who wrote them).

Is it on the air yet? Or am I right to call their bluff?
[/quote]

If the reports say that they're airing this fall...then that would answer the question. Plus not to mention you have a bunch of idigits making up stories for Wiki to begin with, so the claim in question should be questioned.

entguy1

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 01:03:52 PM »
As recently as the NATPE convention a few weeks ago, 20th Century Fox was trying to sell it into syndication. I haven't seen if it was a firm go for the fall yet.

uncamark

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2009, 12:04:47 PM »
[quote name=\'entguy1\' post=\'207838\' date=\'Feb 9 2009, 12:03 PM\']
As recently as the NATPE convention a few weeks ago, 20th Century Fox was trying to sell it into syndication. I haven't seen if it was a firm go for the fall yet.
[/quote]

The only firm go I've heard from Fox-owned stations recently (as in post-NATPE--and I assume that they would be the mostly likely ones to buy syndicated "...5th Grader?") is that they're picking up "Judge Jeannine Piro" from The CW (as Tyra moves from syndication and the Fox-owned MyTV stations to aforesaid CW afternoon block).  Not to say that it won't happen, especially since 20th can and will put the screw on their owned stations to take their product ("Temptation," anyone?), but it hasn't happened yet.