Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Crosswits with Jack Barry?  (Read 1772 times)

Fladam

Crosswits with Jack Barry?
« on: February 19, 2009, 08:31:53 PM »
My father was on CrossWits back in the day.. My recollection of the story of his experience is what lead me to my obsession with game shows... But when I ask him who was hosting, he's positive it was Jack Barry...

Jack Clark... David Sparks... that's all I got.  I suppose it's possible that Barry filled in for Clark during the run, but I'm not sure... does anyone have any recollection of Barry filling in for Clark at any time?

Don Howard

« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 10:40:12 PM »
[quote name=\'Fladam\' post=\'208474\' date=\'Feb 19 2009, 08:31 PM\']
I suppose it's possible that Barry filled in for Clark during the run, but I'm not sure... does anyone have any recollection of Barry filling in for Clark at any time?
[/quote]
I would really doubt it. By then, I think his work would have been exclusive to Barry & Enright Productions. I think your father just has his Jacks confused.

gamed121683

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 11:26:00 PM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'208482\' date=\'Feb 19 2009, 10:40 PM\']
[quote name=\'Fladam\' post=\'208474\' date=\'Feb 19 2009, 08:31 PM\']
I suppose it's possible that Barry filled in for Clark during the run, but I'm not sure... does anyone have any recollection of Barry filling in for Clark at any time?
[/quote]
I would really doubt it. By then, I think his work would have been exclusive to Barry & Enright Productions. I think your father just has his Jacks confused.
[/quote]

If that's the case, would that mean that he doesn't know Jack? :-D.

/Here all week. Waitress. Veal.

rugrats1

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:06 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'208482\' date=\'Feb 19 2009, 10:40 PM\']I would really doubt it. By then, I think his work would have been exclusive to Barry & Enright Productions. I think your father just has his Jacks confused.
[/quote]

Though then again, Dick Clark hosted Pyramid for Bob Stewart, and Monty Hall hosted Beat the Clock for Goodson-Todman, even though both already had flourishing production companies of their own by that time.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 08:02:25 AM by rugrats1 »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2009, 08:52:24 AM »
[quote name=\'rugrats1\' post=\'208493\' date=\'Feb 20 2009, 08:02 AM\']
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' post=\'208482\' date=\'Feb 19 2009, 10:40 PM\']I would really doubt it. By then, I think his work would have been exclusive to Barry & Enright Productions. I think your father just has his Jacks confused.
[/quote]

Though then again, Dick Clark hosted Pyramid for Bob Stewart, and Monty Hall hosted Beat the Clock for Goodson-Todman, even though both already had flourishing production companies of their own by that time.
[/quote]
But Jack Barry doesn't really seem like the go-to guy for a game like Cross-Wits, a celebrity word game that's somewhat played for laughs.
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com