Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The All-New Dating Game  (Read 4144 times)

timpale

The All-New Dating Game
« on: February 05, 2009, 11:08:56 AM »
Would anyone have a definitive answer about who the composer for the mid-80's revival with Elaine Joyce and Jeff MacGregor of "The All-New Dating Game" theme was?  I know Lee Ringuette is credited as Music Supervisor and Milton Delugg as Music Director.  I'm assuming Delugg was the composer, but was hoping someone could give a definitive answer -- or better yet has clean copies in their collection.

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 12:16:03 PM »
I believe Delugg was doing most, if not all, the music for Barris' company by then.

Lee Ringuette, as far as I know, was largely equivalent to Stan Blits---he played the cues on air, but never [TTBOMK] composed.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 12:17:12 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.

tyshaun1

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 07:09:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'207637\' date=\'Feb 5 2009, 12:16 PM\']
Lee Ringuette, as far as I know, was largely equivalent to Stan Blits---he played the cues on air, but never [TTBOMK] composed.
[/quote]
He was also listed as the Music Supervisor for PYL in its first year as well. I presume it meant he decided what cue to play at certain points on the show, and/or perhaps arranged clearances for "Billie Jean", "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?", etc. Byl Carruthers (Bill's son) took over after while, and the music cues seemed to be more original. BTW, Byl is now the lead guitarist in a jazz band, Cafe R&B.

Tyshaun

uncamark

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 12:18:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'207669\' date=\'Feb 5 2009, 06:09 PM\']
[quote name=\'Chief-O\' post=\'207637\' date=\'Feb 5 2009, 12:16 PM\']
[/quote]
He was also listed as the Music Supervisor for PYL in its first year as well. I presume it meant he decided what cue to play at certain points on the show, and/or perhaps arranged clearances for "Billie Jean", "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?", etc. Byl Carruthers (Bill's son) took over after while, and the music cues seemed to be more original. BTW, Byl is now the lead guitarist in a jazz band, Cafe R&B.[/quote]

Ringuette coordinated music on the Barris shows from the early 70s on, following Barris' first wife Lyn and a man named Frank Jaffe, who was listed as a producer on the "Themes From TV Game Shows" album, or the basis of the 70s Barris library.  He was also credited originally for "Rhyme and Reason" (which had a lot of Barris people working on it) for putting in order the Score cues (one of his replacements was Anson Williams' girl friend at that time, just as Michael Malone was Adrienne Barbeau's boy friend) and on "All-Star Secrets," which also had a number of Barris people working on it, putting in order the Robert Ivie cues.

timpale

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 12:27:11 PM »
Thanks for the info.   But does anyone know if Delugg was in fact the composer for the Joyce/MacGregor versions of the All-New Dating Game.  I'm taking an educated guess here that he was.  I'm hoping someone out there knows for sure.  It's strange that neither of these themes are out on the trading circuit given it's not that old and the New Newlywed game theme is.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 03:29:14 PM »
Check the BMI and ASCAP databases.

Ian Wallis

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 05:15:30 PM »
Ringuette coordinated music on the Barris shows from the early 70s on

In addition to the other shows listed, he also supervised the music on Wordplay - at least for a while.  I was dubbing a Jamie Farr-hosted episode to disc recently and during the long credits noticed his name.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Argo

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 04:25:55 PM »
All-New Dating Music related...Milton Delugg did the music for the canadian game show, The Joke's On Us with Monty Hall. One of the cues from the All-New Dating game was used as the theme. Catchy theme too

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 08:48:24 PM »
Those of you who watched the clip of Treasure Hunt with Jan Murray heard Milton DeLugg playing the accordion with one hand and tinkling on the celesta with the other. Treasure Hunt was produced by Bud Granoff, who later became an executive with Chuck Barris Productions. So there's the Barris/DeLugg connection.

Argo

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2009, 12:51:29 AM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' post=\'207801\' date=\'Feb 8 2009, 04:25 PM\']
All-New Dating Music related...Milton Delugg did the music for the canadian game show, The Joke's On Us with Monty Hall. One of the cues from the All-New Dating game was used as the theme. Catchy theme too
[/quote]

Apparently i got my all new and new dating games mixed up. My bad but many of you out there probably new that anyway. Just seen a few clips on youtube of the All New Dating Game. Interesting.

timpale

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2009, 02:51:59 PM »
I'm guessing there isn't a copy of the theme out there.  I checked with Milton Delugg and he never kept any of the music he did for the Barris shows.  It's surprising that the music from the New Newlywed Game is out on the circuit but nothing from its sister show of the time.

Ian Wallis

The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2009, 12:18:27 PM »
I'm guessing there isn't a copy of the theme out there. I checked with Milton Delugg and he never kept any of the music he did for the Barris shows.

I always wonder what happens to the tapes/carts the music supervisors for these shows used.  Maybe they took copies with them, or maybe it's still sitting in the studio archives somewhere.  Or, I guess they could have been erased and re-used for later shows produced there.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Chief-O

• .....and it goes like this!!!
The All-New Dating Game
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2009, 01:32:48 PM »
[quote name=\'timpale\' post=\'208617\' date=\'Feb 22 2009, 01:51 PM\']
I'm guessing there isn't a copy of the theme out there.  I checked with Milton Delugg and he never kept any of the music he did for the Barris shows.  It's surprising that the music from the New Newlywed Game is out on the circuit but nothing from its sister show of the time.
[/quote]

I thought it's been mentioned in the past that the "Three's A Crowd" theme has appeared on some Macy's parades [which Delugg handles music for].....

I always wonder what happens to the tapes/carts the music supervisors for these shows used. Maybe they took copies with them, or maybe it's still sitting in the studio archives somewhere. Or, I guess they could have been erased and re-used for later shows produced there.

My guess is that they were most likely thrown out after the show wrapped production. Such was the fate of the SOTC music, as per Mitt Dawson's message to our forum.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 01:36:16 PM by Chief-O »
There are three things I've learned never to discuss with people: Religion, politics, and the proper wrapping of microphone cables.