Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Merv Griffin's Crosswords  (Read 6779 times)

BrandonFG

Merv Griffin's Crosswords
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 03:38:30 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'223458\' date=\'Aug 20 2009, 09:08 AM\']Are there any stations that are still airing the "Best of Season One"  or "Inside The Box" episodes this far into the 08-09 broadcast season, or have they all caved in to do double runs of "The Nanny"?[/quote]
WVBT moved it from 8:30am (!) to 9am, followed by Style By Jury. They previously paired Best of the Worst of Crosswords with Inside the Box during the 8am hour. A second ep. of Wendy Williams now occupies that slot, so I'm guessing this timeslot change is somewhat recent (within the last month).

Will Program Partners continue the reruns into the fall, with Marie Osmond's show being a no-go?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 03:40:23 PM by fostergray82 »
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

J.R.

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 05:13:19 PM »
[quote name=\'TheFlea\' post=\'223429\' date=\'Aug 19 2009, 07:54 PM\']Seriously, after it went off the air, my lunch break just wasn't the same...:( (it aired at 12:30 p.m. where I live).[/quote]
Well, while I absolutely hated the very broken format, the basic game, at least, kept me entertained and involved with the game.

The "play along" aspect was about the only thing the show got right, really.
-Joe Raygor

vtown7

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 09:31:34 AM »
[quote name=\'SwohS Emag\' post=\'223465\' date=\'Aug 20 2009, 10:51 AM\']Speaking of which, did Inside the Box have a tournament format, or were all episodes self-contained?[/quote]

Season One: All self-contained (one and you're done).

Season Two: For the majority of the season they were "cycles" of four episodes (taped on the same day).  Winners of shows 1-3 played on show four.  Winner of show four was eligible for the "winners" tournament - never saw what the actual qualification process.  Winners tournament then played off until one final show, where that last winner played the bonus round for double stakes - $20K.

Ryan

/and sometimes, game shows call you the night before...
//it's been three years and I'm still trying to figure out if anyone had heard of one of the people in one of my puzzles...