Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Syndie Ratings (Nov. '86)  (Read 9301 times)

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
Syndie Ratings (Nov. '86)
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2009, 11:19:44 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'209486\' date=\'Mar 4 2009, 11:37 AM\']
Well...I think between us we've just named at least 6 stations that aired it in '83...so that thoery (sic) pretty well bites the dust.  I guess the 40-odd startup station lineup is probably more accurate.
[/quote]
I can add KCST (now KNSD) San Diego to the list (I lived in the Spring Valley suburb at the time).  

Coincidentally, San Diego was one of the only markets where Wheel would not have been a Feud-killer, since syndie Wheel was syndie Feud's lead-in (albeit with Love Connection, and later, Jeopardy! between them; in fall '83 though, they did run back-to-back with Joker as Wheel's lead-in).
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

Ian Wallis

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2009, 11:43:55 AM »
I can add KCST (now KNSD) San Diego to the list (I lived in the Spring Valley suburb at the time).

I know that Philadelphia had it right from '83, and I think that's the biggest city that picked it up from the beginning.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

chrispw1

« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 02:38:34 PM »
In Chicago during the 1986-87 season $100,000 Pyramid didn't clear, although WPWR 50 picked it up for the 1987-88 season and WFLD 32 showed it briefly in the summer of 1986, Rafferty Card Sharks for some reason aired a year behind on WPWR in 1987-88. Also, Chance Of A Lifetime and Strike It Rich were shown on WGBO 66 for like two or three months from October to December 1986 from 9-10 am.

aaron sica

« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 08:43:31 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'209658\' date=\'Mar 6 2009, 11:43 AM\']
I know that Philadelphia had it right from '83, and I think that's the biggest city that picked it up from the beginning.
[/quote]

The #1 market wasn't *too* far behind......WCBS began running it in January 1984. I remember watching the first episode they showed - In a pre-recorded message, Pat welcomed the WCBS viewers to Wheel of Fortune, and a jade pendant (marked "JADE" on the Wheel) was the prize.

I remember being kinda disappointed..Being 9 at the time and not knowing much about TV I figured it was going to be reruns of old Woolery eps...

Watching WoF could be a bit of a challenge at that point. Where I lived in (very) rural NY state, we had two of each affil from NYC and Scranton (with the exception of CBS, in which WBNG-12 was also on the cable too), and the NYC stations could be rather fuzzy at times, so when WNEP-16 added WoF in July/August '84, it was a sigh of relief...