Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: J! new set  (Read 4070 times)

opimus

J! new set
« on: March 10, 2009, 05:13:04 PM »
Looks ok nothing really flashy about it.  I want to see it in the regular studio before passing final judgement.

chad1m

J! new set
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »
I'm sure it'll look fine in SD, but damn my affiliate for not doing syndication in HD.

tpirfan28

J! new set
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 07:03:15 PM »
Given I can get a good OTA signal, I'll put up some "highlights" in widescreen on YouTube later.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

MikeK

• Martha!
J! new set
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'210029\' date=\'Mar 10 2009, 07:03 PM\']Given I can get a good OTA signal, I'll put up some "highlights" in widescreen on YouTube later.[/quote]
If it didn't work for you, let me know.  My copy is in HD and is crystal clear.  I won't have a chance to get the videos online until tomorrow.

Have I stated how much I love my new HD tuner stick? ;-)

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
J! new set
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2009, 09:22:58 PM »
I like the separate monitor the Final J! category shows up on. Provides a nice 3-shot during the think music, with the monitor appearing in about the same place the category graphic would usually be.

The set seems a bit wider than previous versions...maybe the monitor was installed to prevent Alex from having to walk further to the board (and vamp even longer) than he had to before?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

tpirfan28

J! new set
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2009, 09:24:29 PM »
I've gone ahead and placed images down in the Spoilers section, as there's some gameplay spoiled.

Videos to hopefully come tomorrow!
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

BrandonFG

J! new set
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2009, 12:18:02 AM »
Saw it tonite in SD and HD.

The set actually looks slick on TV, lots of blue. I love the contestant desk and Alex's backdrop (yes, the grid is a sliding door).
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Jumpondees

J! new set
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2009, 11:17:38 PM »
I don't know what it is, but I happen to dig the shade of blue that's on this set.  I also dig how the podia lite up on the vertically oriented TV monitors to show who buzzed in.  Although I thought it was kind of hard to see the score when the numbers were in red on the blue background as opposed to having the numbers be white on a red background like on the current podia.

Having Alex make his entrance again from center stage via a "door" was a welcome return, and having the Final J! category tease was a bit odd for me since Alex wasn't in front of the game board, but I can get used to it.

It does look good in Vegas, but I too will need to reserve final judgement for until they start taping on this set in L.A.  Hopefully things will look just as good if not better when they are taping on their own stage.

Bob Zager

J! new set
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 04:28:04 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'210150\' date=\'Mar 11 2009, 10:17 PM\']
Although I thought it was kind of hard to see the score when the numbers were in red on the blue background as opposed to having the numbers be white on a red background like on the current podia.
[/quote]
I'll second that!  That is my only gripe about the new set!

Clay Zambo

J! new set
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2009, 10:40:15 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'210150\' date=\'Mar 11 2009, 11:17 PM\']
... having the Final J! category tease was a bit odd for me since Alex wasn't in front of the game board, but I can get used to it.
[/quote]

See, I LOVED that.  I thought it was a shout-out to the original Jeopardy! set.  I was a little disappointed when they came back after the break and Alex was in front of the main game board again.

Ah, well.  T'each h/h own.
czambo@mac.com

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
J! new set
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'210256\' date=\'Mar 13 2009, 07:40 AM\']
See, I LOVED that.  I thought it was a shout-out to the original Jeopardy! set.  I was a little disappointed when they came back after the break and Alex was in front of the main game board again.[/quote]
Agreed. It makes better sense to have the entirety of Final Jeopardy on that big screen. (It does, however, cause a redundancy if they're married to that wide shot during the 30 seconds, since it seems the blocking of that shot hinges on the category being up there.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

J! new set
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2009, 11:35:00 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'210256\' date=\'Mar 13 2009, 09:40 AM\']See, I LOVED that.  I thought it was a shout-out to the original Jeopardy! set.  I was a little disappointed when they came back after the break and Alex was in front of the main game board again.[/quote]
Yeah, I didn't get the point of that either.  Seems a pretty elaborate addition to the set not to use it for the reveal as well.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jumpondees

J! new set
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2009, 12:04:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'210256\' date=\'Mar 13 2009, 10:40 AM\']
See, I LOVED that.  I thought it was a shout-out to the original Jeopardy! set.  I was a little disappointed when they came back after the break and Alex was in front of the main game board again.
[/quote]

If by "original" you mean the Art Fleming J! set, I've never seen it in action...that kinda pre-dates me a bit.  All I"ve ever seen of that set are a picture here and a picture there, and perhaps the mock set they put together for Weird Al's "I lost on Jeopardy" video.

Clay Zambo

J! new set
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 10:09:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'210405\' date=\'Mar 15 2009, 12:04 AM\']
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'210256\' date=\'Mar 13 2009, 10:40 AM\']
[/quote]

If by "original" you mean the Art Fleming J! set, I've never seen it in action...that kinda pre-dates me a bit.  All I"ve ever seen of that set are a picture here and a picture there, and perhaps the mock set they put together for Weird Al's "I lost on Jeopardy" video.
[/quote]

That is exactly what I meant.  The FJ category and clue were displayed on a separate board from the rest of the game.  If memory serves, it was placed in front of Art's lecternodium.
czambo@mac.com