Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Price is Right ticket redemption game  (Read 2716 times)

dazztardly

The Price is Right ticket redemption game
« on: March 14, 2009, 01:08:29 PM »
http://www.icegame.com/GameDetail.aspx?ProductID=179 - looks interesting to say the least

-Dan

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 01:57:36 PM »
It looks cool, but IMHO, coin pushers are the most boring arcade games. Well, at least there's incentive (The Big Wheel) to keep playing.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2009, 02:34:28 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'210368\' date=\'Mar 14 2009, 10:57 AM\']
It looks cool, but IMHO, coin pushers are the most boring arcade games. Well, at least there's incentive (The Big Wheel) to keep playing.[/quote]
They're marginally more tolerable when the coins are nickels instead of quarters. Not much, but you at least get roughly the proper entertainment value for your entry fee.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Jumpondees

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2009, 11:55:35 PM »
It looks neat and all, but I think we can do one better.

Recenly we had a new machine put into the Dave & Busters in Pittsburgh.

This machine seems popular currently because there is always a wait to play it during peak times.

Take a look at this, and just kind of imagine how cool it would be if it were to have a TPIR Showcase Showdown motif.   I've kinda imagined it and it seems like it would fit this machine.

http://www.hafranz.com/product_pages/Bay-tek/bigbass.html

toetyper

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »
i bid 4420 drew

petek66

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2009, 10:22:53 AM »
[quote name=\'dazztardly\' post=\'210367\' date=\'Mar 14 2009, 12:08 PM\']
http://www.icegame.com/GameDetail.aspx?ProductID=179 - looks interesting to say the least

-Dan
[/quote]

I played this one... I noticed people playing it just to drop coins and not realizing that if they
spell PLINKO they get to spin the wheel. So wait until you find it with, say, PL.NKO lit up and
there's a big bonus to be had by scoring an 'I'

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2009, 12:05:35 PM »
[quote name=\'petek66\' post=\'210419\' date=\'Mar 15 2009, 10:22 AM\']I played this one... I noticed people playing it just to drop coins and not realizing that if theyspell PLINKO they get to spin the wheel. [/quote]
My experience has been that most people who play these sorts of games (slot machines too) don't really have a sense of the rules or of what they need to do, because if they were smart enough to understand the gimmicks and the odds associated with any of them, they'd be smart enough to know better than to play those sorts of games in the first place.

But yes, as these things go, your advice make a lot of sense.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2009, 08:54:24 PM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'210403\' date=\'Mar 14 2009, 10:55 PM\']

This machine seems popular currently because there is always a wait to play it during peak times.

Take a look at this, and just kind of imagine how cool it would be if it were to have a TPIR Showcase Showdown motif.   I've kinda imagined it and it seems like it would fit this machine.

[/quote]
We've got that machine in the Dave and Buster's in Chicago, too- totally forgot about mentioning it. The funny thing is that a buddy of mine, upon first look of the machine, said "Somebody stole the wheel from The Price is Right!"

It would be very easy to change the motif, and possibly more profitable due to brand recognition, IMHO.

/Super Trivia at D&B is still where it's at.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2009, 08:55:32 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Sodboy13

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2009, 09:16:32 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'210463\' date=\'Mar 15 2009, 07:54 PM\']
[/quote]

Hell.  Yes.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

petek66

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2009, 01:31:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Jumpondees\' post=\'210403\' date=\'Mar 14 2009, 10:55 PM\']

[/quote]
The same place I played Plinko had Big Bass (Enchanted Castle in Lombard, IL). The night I was there it was
not working right and was handing out 1000 tickets for hitting a large space marked 4. People were feeding the ticket output stream
directly from the game into the ticket redemption machine across the aisle. Hey, I won enough tickets that night to buy a super ball AND a Crunch bar!

Sodboy13

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2009, 01:42:04 AM »
[quote name=\'petek66\' post=\'210489\' date=\'Mar 16 2009, 12:31 AM\']
The same place I played Plinko had Big Bass (Enchanted Castle in Lombard, IL). The night I was there it was
not working right and was handing out 1000 tickets for hitting a large space marked 4.
[/quote]

Oh, wow, just as if Barker was hosting!
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2009, 01:50:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'210490\' date=\'Mar 16 2009, 12:42 AM\']
not working right and was handing out 1000 tickets for hitting a large space marked 4.
[/quote]

[/quote]
Now, all it needs is Roger telling it how many times they've committed that screwup.

Sodboy, I just noticed that you live a hop, skip and jump from me. Is Odyssey Fun World still halfway decent?

Sodboy13

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2009, 11:28:14 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'210491\' date=\'Mar 16 2009, 12:50 AM\']
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'210490\' date=\'Mar 16 2009, 12:42 AM\']
[/quote]

[/quote]
Now, all it needs is Roger telling it how many times they've committed that screwup.

Sodboy, I just noticed that you live a hop, skip and jump from me. Is Odyssey Fun World still halfway decent?
[/quote]

Ah, I moved downtown in August, but never changed that on the profile.  Anyway, I lived in Tinley from 2004-08, just over 2 miles down the road from Odyssey, and never went there once, because the place had become such garbage.  Maybe they've improved it during those four years, I dunno.  But every time I've driven past, the place looks like it's closed from the outside.  Sad.

/Odyssey hosted my post-prom in '96
//'Twas a wild weekend of Run-n-Gun and Lotto Fun
///BTW, folks, there's three syllables in "Matteson"

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2009, 02:20:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'210509\' date=\'Mar 16 2009, 10:28 AM\']
But every time I've driven past, the place looks like it's closed from the outside.  Sad.
[/quote] That's been since day one. Everytime I've driven by, I get a little more convinced that its closed. Such a shame, though- it used to be a pretty popular spot.

[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'210509\' date=\'Mar 16 2009, 10:28 AM\']
///BTW, folks, there's three syllables in "Matteson"
[/quote]
Much appreciated :)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 02:21:24 PM by rollercoaster87 »

Jumpondees

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2009, 12:02:12 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'210466\' date=\'Mar 15 2009, 09:16 PM\']
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'210463\' date=\'Mar 15 2009, 07:54 PM\']
[/quote]

Hell.  Yes.
[/quote]

I agree...I've bought my Xbox 360 with all the tickets I racked up on Saturday nights playing against all the drunk college kids who think they know it all!