Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Nick Arcade/Video Power Media Research Presentation  (Read 984 times)

HatPerson

Nick Arcade/Video Power Media Research Presentation
« on: March 15, 2009, 06:40:28 PM »
I decided to register here to ask for some help on an upcoming project I am working on.

I am a freelance media researcher currently doing work for an event being held on behalf of students at the Berkman Center for Internet and Society at Harvard in about 2 weeks. I am currently in line to do a talk about video game programming of the early 90s and two of the three shows being analyzed are Nick Arcade and Video Power. Seeing as Nick GaS is no longer around and other resources on the internet are scarce, coming across episodes or other resources are not always that easy.

I have heard a few good things about this forum and just by browsing I can tell that the resources here are expansive so if any of you would like to help I would love to talk to you. I have already read over the existing threads on these shows and done my fair share of searching, the resources I need are video archives and records of first-hand experiences.

I have enough video footage of the shows in question but I could always use more. There are specific episodes that would be interesting to have but even now I do not have any footage of any team actually finishing the end game of Nick Arcade. Any and all footage of Video Power is a rarity and I have managed to acquire about five and a half episodes during the game show format season.

Lastly, if you were a contestant or have worked on either show I would love to talk to you.

If you can help then please reply this thread or email me at aj@kickpunchblock.com

For those skeptical about my credentials here is a link to the conference page announcing my appearance.