Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I've Got A Secret fans alert  (Read 1151 times)

DrBear

I've Got A Secret fans alert
« on: April 03, 2009, 10:57:50 AM »
For those of you who haven't seen it, the movie "It Happened to Jane" is on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) at 6:15 p.m. today, April 3. (ET)

So whaddoes this have to do with game shows? One of the key scenes in the movie is where Jane (played by Doris Day) appears on "I've Got A Secret," in possibly the only time you will see this particular set in color. And yes, it includes the panel - Bill Cullen, Jayne Meadows, Henry Morgan and Betsy Palmer in this case - along with Garry Moore.

In addition, Dave Garroway and Gene Rayburn are in the movie, according to ivegotasecretonline.com.

I'd put in a spoiler alert about the plot, but it isn't really worth it.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 12:22:38 PM »
There's another game show host with a role in the flick (third-billed, IIRC).  Take a good look and see if you can identify him.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 01:09:04 PM »
It seems somebody makes a mention of this every time it turns up in the TCM rotation.  Not as though that's a bad thing.  The movie is also availbale on DVD.
[quote name=\'DrBear\' post=\'211994\' date=\'Apr 3 2009, 09:57 AM\']In addition, Dave Garroway and Gene Rayburn are in the movie, according to ivegotasecretonline.com.[/quote]
Unlike the others, Gene Rayburn plays a character, not himself, even though he was a reasonably well-known television personality by 1959.  He chose not to take billing for the part, a decision he later said he regretted.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.