Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New show: "The Phone"  (Read 3829 times)

Brig Bother

New show: "The Phone"
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 08:29:50 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'214559\' date=\'May 1 2009, 01:23 AM\']
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'214557\' date=\'Apr 30 2009, 05:16 PM\']
(if someone can tell me the quick way to measure the rope for episode 2's third mission I'd love to know what it is)[/quote]
I haven't seen it. What are they asking them to do?
[/quote]

The task is: there's a bundle of rope in the room (some of it in knots), and three locations marked on the wall with their heights marked in feet (the idea being it's the exact amount of rope needed to rappel from top to bottom so the environmentalists can reveal a bit banner revealing a corporate conspiracy to the world) - all of them around 500 foot (496, 513 and something else). In five minutes, they have to work out how long the rope is and therefore which landmark they need to go to.

Usually with this sort of 'surely it's impossible!' thing there's a really easy solution... but I don't know what it is and we aren'tt old.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 08:42:53 PM »
[quote name=\'Brig Bother\' post=\'214561\' date=\'Apr 30 2009, 05:29 PM\']
Usually with this sort of 'surely it's impossible!' thing there's a really easy solution... but I don't know what it is and we aren'tt old.[/quote]Are they locked in? Do they have access to any outside tools? If so, I would find out what a known length of the rope weighs (I'm 6'1", so a six-foot length would be pretty easy to find and chop off - again, assuming the tools to do so) and then weigh the entire bundle of rope. From there it's simple math.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 08:57:06 PM »
The "quick" way was to look at the drawings of Seattle's skyline and look for the drawing that has a red rectangle next to one of the buildings with the word "BANNER" nearby. because that building is the one that will need the rope to hoist the "EVILCORP IS POLLUTING SEATTLE'S WATER SUPPLY" sign. The team was in a University of Washington professor's office that was being used as the activists's nerve center, and it had schematics of various buildings around town, labeled with their height.) So easy it hurts, assuming you take a moment to step back and look at your surroundings.

(That reminds me, I need to call Mumsy and tell her to start hoarding the bottled stuff...)

The Operator reminds me of someone who is trying too hard to be like Glenn Hugill, even if he doesn't know it. I like the idea of teams being in their own action movie, but it all goes to hell after the Hit Man final, and the share/steal money decision. If you watch just the four bank-building events and don't care about who wins the final bank, it's not bad.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 09:02:19 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 09:46:17 PM »
I still liked weighing the rope. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Brig Bother

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 03:56:55 AM »
[quote name=\'TLEberle\' post=\'214566\' date=\'May 1 2009, 01:57 AM\']
The "quick" way was to look at the drawings of Seattle's skyline and look for the drawing that has a red rectangle next to one of the buildings with the word "BANNER" nearby. because that building is the one that will need the rope to hoist the "EVILCORP IS POLLUTING SEATTLE'S WATER SUPPLY" sign. The team was in a University of Washington professor's office that was being used as the activists's nerve center, and it had schematics of various buildings around town, labeled with their height.) So easy it hurts, assuming you take a moment to step back and look at your surroundings.
[/quote]

Mmm, I need to rewatch it now to see how obvious the clues were. Thanks for that!

The Operator reminds me of someone who is trying too hard to be like Glenn Hugill, even if he doesn't know it.

A UK Glenn Hugill produced version would, I'm pretty sure, be immense.

The main difference is that in other versions, the man in charge drives the narrative, whereas in this version he merely explains it which isn't as much fun.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 04:04:47 AM by Brig Bother »