Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any good face card images  (Read 4244 times)

wdm1219inpenna

Any good face card images
« on: May 03, 2009, 08:51:51 PM »
I've tried to get some images of these face cards from youtube, but it's been extremely difficult.  Does anybody know where there might be "still" and complete images of the 12 face cards used specifically on "Card Sharks", either Perry's version, Eubanks' or Rafferty's?  If so, I'd greatly appreciate it!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 09:43:04 PM »
Whatever I do when I want to snag something from a Youtube video is pause the clip where I want (that's the toughest part), push PrtScn (Print Screen), and then open MS Paint. It takes a few steps, but it gets the job done.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 09:49:49 PM »
Couldn't you accomplish the same thing by buying a pack of playing cards that have the same design as the Card Sharks cards, scan/take pictures, and blow 'em up?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

gamed121683

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 10:10:38 PM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'214829\' date=\'May 3 2009, 09:49 PM\']
Couldn't you accomplish the same thing by buying a pack of playing cards that have the same design as the Card Sharks cards, scan/take pictures, and blow 'em up?
[/quote]

I think he's onto something. Aren't those face card designs in the public domain, anyway?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 10:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'gamed121683\' post=\'214831\' date=\'May 3 2009, 07:10 PM\']
I think he's onto something. Aren't those face card designs in the public domain, anyway?[/quote]
The *specific* designs? Not even close. Look at the flap of any deck of cards.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 02:57:33 PM »
Yes, what I am looking for are the picture cards, not the red and blue backs of the cards, but the face card images themselves.  The ones used by Card Sharks were similar to those used by "Bicycle" but they were somewhat different.  

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Gam...Man66/JACKS.png

There are 2 examples of what I mean.  On the one side are the standard Bicycle looking Jacks, and on the other side are how they looked on Card Sharks.  Doing the youtube thing is a possibility, and I did indeed do as suggested in pausing it to get those 2 images, and then resizing them to fit my design on paint, but I was just wondering if anybody had artwork, or a website that already had them "pre-made".  I re-created a Gambit looking deck, although I utilized the standard Bicycle face card lot, as trying to find and download the 12 Gambit face cards I think would prove even more difficult, since most episodes have been erased, although I do know Hit-Me on Price is RIght used similar cards.

JayDLewis

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 05:45:21 PM »
Please please please...don't use MS Paint.

Take some time and learn paint.net. It's free, 1000x better than MSPaint and 90% as good as Photoshop. (if not more)
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything

wdm1219inpenna

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 07:23:40 AM »
Two questions,

#1, are you "THE" Jay Lewis, who had 50 episodes of Net Price is Right?  If so, may I say how glad I am to finally speak to you, and thank you for that awesome effort, it was truly 2nd to none.

Secondly, I'm assuming paint.net is a program one can upload, or download into ones computer?  My previous Dell "died" last November, on Black Friday in fact, and that was on Windows XP, this new one is Windows Vista, and I'm getting used to it, but do not like it as much, especially since the color pallette offered seems to be somewhat "off" from the last few computers I owned.

Thank you for your awesome feedback Jay, and everybody!

Regards,
Bill

JayDLewis

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 09:33:01 AM »
[quote name=\'wdm1219inpenna\' post=\'214943\' date=\'May 5 2009, 06:23 AM\']
Secondly, I'm assuming paint.net is a program one can upload, or download into ones computer?
[/quote]

Yes, Paint.net (avail at http://www.getpaint.net) is a (free) program for your comp.
QWIZX.com  -- A little bit of everything