Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My GSN Live Experience  (Read 4290 times)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
My GSN Live Experience
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2009, 11:54:50 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'214839\' date=\'May 3 2009, 10:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'214778\' date=\'May 3 2009, 02:32 AM\']
How do you go so long never having been on a plane? I think my first plane trip, I was...six? How did you feel about the whole experience?[/quote]

How do you go so long? You just...don't go.
[/quote]
Just be thankful the pilot never asked, "You ever been in a cockpit before?"  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

DrBear

My GSN Live Experience
« Reply #16 on: May 04, 2009, 07:15:13 AM »
Was the co-pilot wearing purple and gold shorts and knee socks?

Except for a birthday fly-around at age 7 with my grandfather, I didn't get on a plane until my junior year in college, when our newspaper staff went to a convention in San Francisco. But then, a few years later, I was in a job where I flew 10 weekends a year during the fall. So it evens out. Now, I haven't flown in, oh, six-seven years, and I don't look forward to the next time I do - I really would rather drive.
This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

RyanCDN

My GSN Live Experience
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2009, 12:11:49 PM »
[quote name=\'JasonA1\' post=\'214839\' date=\'May 3 2009, 10:03 PM\']
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'214778\' date=\'May 3 2009, 02:32 AM\']
How do you go so long never having been on a plane? I think my first plane trip, I was...six? How did you feel about the whole experience?[/quote]

How do you go so long? You just...don't go. My family never did purely pleasure vacations. My dad was out of college when I was a couple years old. All of our trips were by car.

The experience itself? I was very curious just to see what going through security was like, what takeoffs are like, etc. Outside of the takeoff and landing, it felt like riding a chartered bus. It was a very pleasant trip - got to see the Rockies and the Grand Canyon from up high. Detroit may not look nice on the ground, but lit up at night from your plane? Not so bad. :) I learned the hard way about what to have in your pockets at various times through security, but other than that, no hassles. I'm sure if I had to go through it every other week or something for business, I'd be frustrated with it like everybody else seemed to be.

-Jason
[/quote]

Heh, great points.  I am not a frequent flyer myself, I think I only took one trip with the family when I was younger.  Most of my flying occured when I entered university, and subsequently, further schooling.

It is pretty neat to fly at night, granted you can't see specifics as you can during the days, but it is neat to see the light density changes in more heavily populated areas.

The one thing I learned about flying, don't have spare change in the pocket of your pants, now that is a pain in the ass.

Going back to the subject of the post, thanks for sharing your experiences of the day and your time there, what an awesome opportunity and congrats to you.

-Ryan
Ryan
“I’ll give away a Zed.”