Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need ideas for new constuction projects  (Read 6536 times)

Jimmy Owen

Need ideas for new constuction projects
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2009, 08:13:39 AM »
Another idea might be Concentration.  You have to match names of liquors. Keep the same rebus every time: "I'll buy the house a round."
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:44:52 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Mike Tennant

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:49 AM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'215830\' date=\'May 15 2009, 05:33 AM\'][quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'215826\' date=\'May 14 2009, 11:06 PM\']Much interest was shown in a TPIR night. Suggestion for pricing game, outside of Plinko, anyone? A multi-use board could be made for numerous games, but which would be the top six?[/quote]Money Game would be fun to build and would look good. Ditto Any Number.[/quote]Cliff Hangers is probably on the list.  Clock Game would be fun.  Lucky Seven, Punch-a-Bunch, and maybe Temptation would be among the most recognizable, though obviously they will lose some of their luster when you're not really giving away cars and wads of cash.

As for multi-use boards, Bonus Game and the now-defunct Give or Keep used essentially the same setup.  Double Prices/One Right Price/Most Expensive, though dull as paint, could use your basic price-tag reveal.

The ultimate in flashy games would be Super Ball!, but I would expect that to be beyond your budget unless you can pick up a cheap used Skee-Ball machine (even if the scoring mechanism is broken) somewhere.

NickS

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2009, 10:25:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'215835\' date=\'May 15 2009, 07:13 AM\']Another idea might be Concentration.  You have to match names of liquors. Keep the same rebus every time: "I'll buy the house a round."[/quote]
Or mix it up with: "Take me drunk, I'm home."

tpirfan28

« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2009, 01:08:16 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'215830\' date=\'May 15 2009, 05:33 AM\'][quote name=\'pds319\' post=\'215826\' date=\'May 14 2009, 11:06 PM\']Much interest was shown in a TPIR night. Suggestion for pricing game, outside of Plinko, anyone? A multi-use board could be made for numerous games, but which would be the top six?[/quote]
Money Game would be fun to build and would look good. Ditto Any Number.
[/quote]
What he said.  Two games that are instantly recognizable, and popular among casual viewers.  Use one side for one game, the other for the other.

Depending on how crafty you want to be about it, you could also make one table with those spring-loaded grocery bags for It's In The Bag and Check-Out, then use the table for Shell Game, Grocery Game, and/or Bullseye.
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

ethanmx2

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2009, 01:24:45 AM »
Card Sharks is a simple construction idea and would probably be pretty popular.

If you need another simple yet fun game, perhaps High Rollers could bein order.

But if you're looking for a challege that can fit in a bar... I've always been partial to Tic Tac Dough.

visualbasicwizard

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 01:10:11 AM »
[quote name=\'ethanmx2\' post=\'216050\' date=\'May 19 2009, 01:24 AM\']Card Sharks is a simple construction idea and would probably be pretty popular.

If you need another simple yet fun game, perhaps High Rollers could bein order.

But if you're looking for a challege that can fit in a bar... I've always been partial to Tic Tac Dough.[/quote]

I put together a Press Your Luck game for a church party.  I wrote the program myself, built my own buzzer buttons, and rigged up and old joystick controller to interface with the buttons.  The program supports a dual-monitor setup, which allows the host to see the game information at all times.

I have pictures of the party here and some screenshots of the game here, .

Chris Kennedy

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 10:51:36 AM »
That is a really good bang up job you did on the PYL game I must tell you.

Great Job!

You truly can be a game show graphics programmer.

From,
Chris

TheLastResort

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2009, 11:55:31 AM »
[quote name=\'visualbasicwizard\' post=\'216138\' date=\'May 20 2009, 01:10 AM\']I have pictures of the party here and some screenshots of the game here, .[/quote]

Holy crap!  Nice job!!

visualbasicwizard

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2009, 08:46:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Chris Kennedy\' post=\'216171\' date=\'May 20 2009, 10:51 AM\']That is a really good bang up job you did on the PYL game I must tell you.

Great Job!

You truly can be a game show graphics programmer.

From,
Chris[/quote]

Thanks!  It took me two years to get the grahpics where they are now.  Every bit of the graphics were done in Adobe Illustrator, and I don't use DirectX to play the game other than for the sound and joystick capability.  Now, if I could just figure out how to do 3D modeling....

One of the coolest things I've added recently, is the zoom in on the board logo while the board is spinning.  I use that to transition from the end of round 1 to the second question round.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2009, 08:46:54 PM by visualbasicwizard »

William_S.

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2009, 10:09:51 PM »
Hats off to ya! prolly the best PYL sim out there. (Now I'll have to figure out Adobe Ill(Or Macromedia to that extent)

pds319

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 10:46:36 PM »
Nice work on the PYL program VBWizard. When I had done something similar about six or seven years back, I was not aware of Illustrator and made everything in Photoshop. That really hurt me in the end with scaling and the such. Really great work once again.

-Paul