Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Allen Koss appears this Wednesday on Game Show Talk & Fun  (Read 3399 times)

dazztardly

Allen Koss appears this Wednesday on Game Show Talk & Fun
« on: May 18, 2009, 03:43:54 PM »
G-T/Barry & Enright Producer Allen Koss will be appearing this Wednesday. He will be discussing his involvement producing Concentration, development of Family Feud, as well as his work with Barry & Enright; producing shows as Tic Tac Dough and The Joker's Wild.

9:30 EST / 6:30 Pacific
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gstaf

Just to offer some information in Barry & Enright history....

Decisions, Decisions had two pilots filmed in 1978. It was for airing on NBC.

The 80's pilot for 21 was for CBS

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 11:47:42 PM »
All I'm gonna say about this is "tsk, tsk", and if you've been following along with what's been going on lately over at GSTAF you know why I say that.

(If not, hopefully with the permission of the mods, I'd be willing to share.)
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dazztardly

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 02:46:01 AM »
[quote name=\'PYLdude\' post=\'216045\' date=\'May 18 2009, 10:47 PM\']All I'm gonna say about this is "tsk, tsk", and if you've been following along with what's been going on lately over at GSTAF you know why I say that.

(If not, hopefully with the permission of the mods, I'd be willing to share.)[/quote]

I'm gonna make something crystal clear to you. Watch your etiquette, and mind you own business. You don't take personal drama onto a forum like that. Especially, when it shouldn't have even been public knowledge to begin with.

Now for the record, I have personally phonecalled both parties. Both sides have been reprimended for their actions and have been ordered NOT to speak to each other again. The one who made it public knowledge on his facebook, has since posted another message requesting people to refrain from further discussion. May I strongly suggest that you take heed as future warning. There's gonna be no more mudslinging.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 02:53:22 AM »
I'd say the mudslinging goes both ways.  I'm personally sick of seeing the two of you go at it over seemingly petty issues.  Bury the hatchet or something, but its rather irritating to see you and Palmer trade jabs seemingly every time you post in the same thread.

/Thinks these two should get a room.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:02:03 AM by Modor »
--Mark
Phil 4:13

dazztardly

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2009, 03:01:47 AM »
I'm too tired to quip back at Modor's message. =p I feel like I'm a parent to a bunch of kids. If I have to go through this drama one more time, I'm done.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2009, 03:02:08 AM »
All I'm gonna say about this is "tsk, tsk", and if you've been following along with what's been going on lately over at GSTAF you know why I say that.

No, you don't have our permission. I fail to see the connection to Allen Koss.

I'm gonna make something crystal clear to you. Watch your etiquette, and mind you own business. You don't take personal drama onto a forum like that.
What he said.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 03:04:36 AM by chris319 »

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2009, 04:47:52 PM »
<sidestepping the crapstorm to raise his hand>

Would this be available in a podcast form? I don't get to hear these as I'm working, but would love to have some "driving music". :-)

/Loveline episodes also make for great background noise
//I suggest any eps. with David Alan Grier
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 04:53:29 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'216057\' date=\'May 19 2009, 02:02 AM\']

No, you don't have our permission. I fail to see the connection to Allen Koss.
[/quote]

Okies.

I'm gonna make something crystal clear to you. Watch your etiquette, and mind you own business. You don't take personal drama onto a forum like that.
What he said.

I'll do it because you said, Chris.

Would this be available in a podcast form? I don't get to hear these as I'm working, but would love to have some "driving music". :-)

Not wanting to seem like I'm speaking for anyone connected with GSTAF (because question wasn't asked directly to me), but as someone who is a part of a BlogTalkRadio weekly show every Thursday, I know that you can download eps for podcasting.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 05:08:02 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

dazztardly

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 05:54:02 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'216092\' date=\'May 19 2009, 03:47 PM\']<sidestepping the crapstorm to raise his hand>

/Loveline episodes also make for great background noise
//I suggest any eps. with David Alan Grier[/quote]

Yes it is - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore...st?id=295088464 - Let me know if there are issues. Otherwise there is a podcast icon on top of the page at http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gstaf

-Dan
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 06:17:46 PM by dazztardly »

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 10:00:20 PM »
Would this be available in a podcast form?
You can find it right next to the podcast of the oral history of a certain MOOG pioneer and Schaefer beer aficionado. But be careful! You might run into the Crazed Theme Collector or the Musical Pedophile.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 10:13:25 PM by chris319 »

dazztardly

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2009, 07:03:00 PM »
Just a reminder about tonight's broadcast. Everything is a go for tonight's broadcast.

Just a little information on Allen's background.

-He worked as a producer on Concentration with Jack Narz. In addition, he had also created rebus puzzles
-Allen also had a hand in the development of Family Feud

-In 1980, he joined Barry & Enright. The shows Allen worked on with B & E included The Joker's Wild, Tic Tac Dough, Play The Percentages, Hot Potato, Bumper Stumpers, and Banko.

If you have any questions for Allen, leave a message in this thread. We will check in throughout the course of the broadcast. Well credit you on the air, but indicate otherwise.

Thanks for your support.
-Dan

cacLA8383

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2009, 11:04:31 PM »
That was a great interview. Very interesting topics covered tonight, to say the least.

dazztardly

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2009, 02:04:01 AM »
I want to thank everybody who listened in to last night's broadcast. It was an absolute hit. :)

Some of the in-depth questions asked included...

-Alan's start in the business
-His first pilot working with Stu Billett
-Thoughts of working with Mark Goodson

Concentration
-The development of a rebus
-Technical stories behind the large gameboard

Family Feud
-Creation of the format
-The pick of the host

Tic Tac Dough
-Thom Mckee
-Scott Wyant, from contestant to writer

The Joker's Wild
-What lead to Bill Cullen becoming host
-The mechanics of the slot machine

And so much more...

Very special thanks to everyone on the staff and the listeners who submitted questions!

I killed myself booking Allen and getting everyone/everything ready to go. Even much so, that I needed to sleep. Just glad it went off without a hitch.

Click below to listen in...
http://www.blogtalkradio.com/gstaf

-Dan Berger
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 02:20:22 AM by dazztardly »

NickS

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2009, 09:05:24 AM »
[quote name=\'Modor\' post=\'216055\' date=\'May 19 2009, 01:53 AM\']I'd say the mudslinging goes both ways.  I'm personally sick of seeing the two of you go at it over seemingly petty issues.  Bury the hatchet or something, but its rather irritating to see you and Palmer trade jabs seemingly every time you post in the same thread.

/Thinks these two should get a room.[/quote]

Now Mark - wait a minute...  From one who *hasn't* seen the drama over there, the perception is that Palmer's instigating something.  Just my .02.