Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fun with graphics-- 50's style  (Read 3237 times)

TwoInchQuad

Fun with graphics-- 50's style
« on: August 29, 2006, 03:50:34 AM »
I figured some of our more talented designers might be able to put this illustration of mine into an appropriate setting... so have at it, gang:    :)

http://www.kinescopes.com/concentration_50s.jpg

(I don't suppose anyone has a switchable on/off bit of scripting that simulates a turning trilon, do they??)  ;)

-Kevin

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 11:37:53 AM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' post=\'129574\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 02:50 AM\']
(I don't suppose anyone has a switchable on/off bit of scripting that simulates a turning trilon, do they??)  ;)
[/quote]
Long ago, Jamie DeVriend, I believe it was who hosted 'Net Pyramid has some kind of rotating graphic on his site.
In Palace, we have a script that turns trilons, but I don't know if that scripting language can be used outside of Palace.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 12:22:45 PM »
[quote name=\'TwoInchQuad\' post=\'129574\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 03:50 AM\']
http://www.kinescopes.com/concentration_50s.jpg
[/quote]
Oh, my goodness, that's pretty.

I remain puzzled (heh heh -- get it? -- "puzzled") why there isn't a decent Concentration computer game on the market, especially since there are a couple of lousy ones.  How cool would it be to have a game that could be played either with original Concentration graphics and game play (and new monotone puzzles designed by Norm Blumenthal) or with Classic Concentration graphics and game play (and new full-color puzzles designed by Steve Ryan)?
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

itiparanoid13

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:50:02 PM »
I have a turning trilon in Flash.  Let me dig it up and I can post it here when I get back from doing stuff.

alfonzos

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 03:31:20 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'129601\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 12:22 PM\']
How cool would it be to have a game that could be played either with original Concentration graphics and game play (and new monotone puzzles designed by Norm Blumenthal) or with Classic Concentration graphics and game play (and new full-color puzzles designed by Steve Ryan)?
[/quote]

I agree with Matt. All the work that goes into making decent computer games are basically jazzed up text games. TPiR, Concentration, Classic Concentration and Catch Phrase (if anyone cares about that one) would have made great computer games.
A Cliff Saber Production
email address: alfonzos@aol.com
Boardgame Geek user name: alfonzos

itiparanoid13

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
With the pilots just done for the new syndicated series of Catch Phrase, there might be some care.

geno57

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 04:08:36 PM »
Count me in on Matt's idea, for one piece of software that'll play any version.

I tried to come up with a 50s-60s-70s "Concentration" game last year, using Flash.  The graphics I could handle, but I couldn't wrap my brain around the software.

If I had some money, I'd pay someone to do one for us!  But I'm in radio and TV, so ... no money.

TwoInchQuad

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 11:10:02 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' post=\'129602\' date=\'Aug 29 2006, 09:50 AM\']I have a turning trilon in Flash.  Let me dig it up and I can post it here when I get back from doing stuff.[/quote]

Sorry to exhume this thread, but-- Alex, did you ever find that turning trilon Flash effect that you were referring to...?  If so, I'd be interested in seeing it.

-Kevin
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:10:46 PM by TwoInchQuad »