Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW PYRAMID CASTING.  (Read 63840 times)

Mr. Game Show

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #165 on: June 18, 2009, 10:37:40 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'218366\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 04:20 PM\']Anybody going to Friday's taping?  (Aside from me, that is.)[/quote]

Hi Clay !

I hope you will give us updates tomorrow.

Can you try and keep an eye out for the announcer (if he's in Studio), some have mentioned that it might be Alan Kalter, but I do not think this is confirmed. I'd like to know if it's him.

Mr. Game Show

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #166 on: June 18, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »
[quote name=\'GSFan\' post=\'218357\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 03:07 PM\'][quote name=\'RyanCDN\' post=\'218336\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 11:38 AM\']As a side point - I know this is in the pilot stage, but all things considered, that is a pretty decent set.  If it gets picked up, I can see where they would make come improvements, but this is a job well done.[/quote]

I agree; it's reminiscent of the original Pyramid designs.  The one thing I would "tweak", and I sincerely hope it happens.  Put the audience back in its proper place, off camera.  Seeing an audience situated around the set is a bit of a distraction for me.  I want to connect with the players, and their game.  In some of the pictures, the stage looked so narrow, it appeared that Pyramid is being staged on bowling alley.  That's not a complaint.  Pyramid is hopefully, well on its way back to the airwaves.  That is something!

I have a question for anyone who was there at the taping.  Is it a "cold" opening?  Is there a little spiel; a "Keep your eye..." maybe?
[/quote]

If they move the show to the CBS Broadcast Center (if it goes to series), it's possible the audience may be off camera. I'm 50/50 about the audience being located on the sides. On the plus side, its different for Pyramid, and I like it when the audience is shown on TV. On the downside, I feel it may be a distraction for both the players and the the home audience, as the audience is VERY close to the contestants. Another thing to consider.... what happens if someone in the audience does something goofy at a big moment in the front game, and they have to stop tape, and it winds up costing the player the game ? It could be dangerous.

I'd also like to know more about the opening, if there is one. They may plan to add it, in post production.

Clay Zambo

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2009, 09:24:34 AM »
[quote name=\'Mr. Game Show\' post=\'218413\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 10:37 PM\'][quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'218366\' date=\'Jun 18 2009, 04:20 PM\']Anybody going to Friday's taping?  (Aside from me, that is.)[/quote]

Hi Clay !

I hope you will give us updates tomorrow.

Can you try and keep an eye out for the announcer (if he's in Studio), some have mentioned that it might be Alan Kalter, but I do not think this is confirmed. I'd like to know if it's him.
[/quote]

At Tuesday's taping, I couldn't see the announcer, and could barely hear the opening announcement over the audience's applause.  I wouldn't be surprised it was pre-taped.  In one of the openings, Tim thanked "Alan"--but in another, he thanked "Michael"--and what little I heard of the announcement sounded vaguely British.  Perhaps it was Mr. Davies, filling in?
czambo@mac.com

tpirfan28

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #168 on: June 19, 2009, 09:34:33 AM »
Could it be that Alan Kalter is the announcer they want, but by the time the second show was taping Alan needed to be back at Letterman's show?
When you're at the grocery game and you hear the beep, think of all the fun you could have at "Crazy Rachel's Checkout Counter!"

Clay Zambo

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #169 on: June 19, 2009, 11:42:05 AM »
[quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'218435\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 09:34 AM\']Could it be that Alan Kalter is the announcer they want, but by the time the second show was taping Alan needed to be back at Letterman's show?[/quote]

Sure, that's possible.  It's also possible they pretaped his one line at the Letterman studio.  Since I didn't hear the voice clearly, it's even possible it was Alan Arkin.  ;)
czambo@mac.com

bricon

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #170 on: June 19, 2009, 01:19:32 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'218434\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 09:24 AM\']At Tuesday's taping, I couldn't see the announcer, and could barely hear the opening announcement over the audience's applause.  I wouldn't be surprised it was pre-taped.  In one of the openings, Tim thanked "Alan"--but in another, he thanked "Michael"--and what little I heard of the announcement sounded vaguely British.  Perhaps it was Mr. Davies, filling in?[/quote]

My friend who went said that was indeed Michael Davies doing that particular opening.

Don Howard

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #171 on: June 19, 2009, 01:33:39 PM »
[quote name=\'Clay Zambo\' post=\'218438\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 11:42 AM\'][quote name=\'tpirfan28\' post=\'218435\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 09:34 AM\']Could it be that Alan Kalter is the announcer they want, but by the time the second show was taping Alan needed to be back at Letterman's show?[/quote]
Sure, that's possible.  It's also possible they pretaped his one line at the Letterman studio.  Since I didn't hear the voice clearly, it's even possible it was Alan Arkin.  ;)
[/quote]
Oh, I absolutely loved him in Wait Until Dark, didn't you?
Truly, I tell you, dear ones, I don't care if it's an emcee and/or announcer that I've never heard of, just as long as they're good.

Jeremy Nelson

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #172 on: June 19, 2009, 01:58:56 PM »
I just went back and looked at the set pictures, and something looks off to me...maybe its just me, but the set looks sorta...unfocused, if that's even a word. I know it's just a pilot, but the contestant island/audience barriers use the color scheme like the pyramid bases from the 1980s, the top of the pyramid looks like a 50s roadside inn/50s Vegas sign, but the rest of the set has the whole modern neon thing going. It looks like somebody wanted to find a way to incoroporate a bunch of different set elements/colors/designs without thinking it through.

Quick question for anybody who attended the taping: did the contestant area look any different when lit up?

Like I said, I know its just a pilot, but I just took a second look and wondered if anybody saw what I did.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:59:33 PM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Neumms

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #173 on: June 19, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'218448\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 12:58 PM\']Like I said, I know its just a pilot, but I just took a second look and wondered if anybody saw what I did.[/quote]

I, too, hope a few changes will be made. I like that it's not as bland as Donnymid, but it's really garish. The colors are too much, and Vegas-y doesn't feel quite right for Pyramid. Also, putting the "$1,000,000" in Times Roman Bold is just plain lazy.

I'd like seeing the audience behind the host, but it does seem distracting and a potential problem behind the players. A real audience always brought something great to the show, so it's nice to see them.

BrandonFG

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #174 on: June 19, 2009, 03:14:49 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'218451\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 02:38 PM\']Also, putting the "$1,000,000" in Times Roman Bold is just plain lazy.[/quote]
It's not Arial...I'll give them that much. :-)

As for the intro, the "Take a look at this spot" would be sweet, but one thing I always wanted to see Donnymid do was incorporate the winning clips from past Pyramids, i.e. 70s-current day. Would be even sweeter, seeing that this version seems to be heading closer to its roots.

/Oh, and do TEH WINNARZ when the team wins. ;-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #175 on: June 19, 2009, 04:31:05 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'218453\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 02:14 PM\']/Oh, and do "TEH WINNARZ" when the team wins. ;-)[/quote]

Forgot the traditional Bob Stewart Brand Quotation Marks TM
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 04:33:33 PM by Strikerz04 »

BrandonFG

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #176 on: June 19, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Strikerz04\' post=\'218461\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 04:31 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'218453\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 02:14 PM\']/Oh, and do "TEH WINNARZ" when the team wins. ;-)[/quote]

Forgot the traditional Bob Stewart Brand Quotation Marks TM
[/quote]
Yes! Good call! :-)
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

NickS

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2009, 05:04:32 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'218448\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 12:58 PM\']'
<snip>
Like I said, I know its just a pilot, but I just took a second look and wondered if anybody saw what I did.[/quote]

Out of curiosity - can there be a hold on nitpicking until, say, we see a video or -- hey -- it gets on the air?

Neumms

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #178 on: June 19, 2009, 05:49:03 PM »
[quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'218466\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 04:04 PM\']Out of curiosity - can there be a hold on nitpicking until, say, we see a video or -- hey -- it gets on the air?[/quote]

Photographs not accurate enough for you?

NickS

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #179 on: June 19, 2009, 11:00:22 PM »
[quote name=\'Neumms\' post=\'218468\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 04:49 PM\'][quote name=\'TeppanYaki\' post=\'218466\' date=\'Jun 19 2009, 04:04 PM\']Out of curiosity - can there be a hold on nitpicking until, say, we see a video or -- hey -- it gets on the air?[/quote]

Photographs not accurate enough for you?
[/quote]

You seen it in motion?

Besides, a pilot is just that - for things to *change.*  My wish is that some people would take into consideration that there's only so much that's going to be spent on a pilot.  Maybe this will be the final set - maybe it won't.  You or I don't know that.

Why not rejoice in the fact that it's going in the right direction?