Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW PYRAMID CASTING.  (Read 63828 times)

pacdude

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #225 on: July 02, 2009, 03:52:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Offshored2007\' post=\'219306\' date=\'Jul 1 2009, 10:08 AM\']Reviving the thread...
As of now, WUSA in Washington will not be carrying this at 3pm (if it happens), opting instead for the new syndicated series "Dr. Oz."  It won't be the first market to skip it, unfortunately.[/quote]

Maybe I missed something or maybe I misread something, but I thought if Pyramid went on air, it'd take the 10 AM slot on CBS, preceding the Price is Right, and not enter syndication right away. Am I wrong in thinking this?

chad1m

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #226 on: July 02, 2009, 03:59:15 PM »
[quote name=\'pacdude\' post=\'219318\' date=\'Jul 2 2009, 03:52 PM\']it'd take the 10 AM slot on CBS[/quote]Depending on the market, Guiding Light airs/aired at either 10 am or 3 pm. (Or, if you live in Flint-Saginaw-Bay City, it doesn't air on CBS at all.) So, if the combination of Pyramid/Dating/Deal takes up the old timeslot of Guiding Light, that timeslot will differ.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:59:59 PM by chad1m »

aaron sica

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #227 on: July 02, 2009, 04:14:50 PM »
[quote name=\'Offshored2007\' post=\'219306\' date=\'Jul 1 2009, 10:08 AM\']Reviving the thread...
As of now, WUSA in Washington will not be carrying this at 3pm (if it happens), opting instead for the new syndicated series "Dr. Oz."  It won't be the first market to skip it, unfortunately.[/quote]

I emailed WHP (Harrisburg) to ask them and got this reply from the "programming manager":

Aaron,

At this time there are no changes on the CBS lineup.  No word yet from CBS about a Guiding Light replacement or what time period they are planning on taking.

So much for a straight answer..

Matt Ottinger

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #228 on: July 02, 2009, 11:25:07 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'219323\' date=\'Jul 2 2009, 04:14 PM\']
At this time there are no changes on the CBS lineup.  No word yet from CBS about a Guiding Light replacement or what time period they are planning on taking.
So much for a straight answer..[/quote]
How is that not a straight answer?  Guiding Light isn't done until September.  CBS certainly hasn't announced anything publicly about what they're doing with the slot, and only a small handful of industry people and us rabid fans are even aware that Pyramid is under consideration.  Seems perfectly likely that local station managers don't have any more of a clue than we do right now.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

aaron sica

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #229 on: July 03, 2009, 05:36:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'219343\' date=\'Jul 2 2009, 11:25 PM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'219323\' date=\'Jul 2 2009, 04:14 PM\']
So much for a straight answer..[/quote]
How is that not a straight answer?  Guiding Light isn't done until September.  CBS certainly hasn't announced anything publicly about what they're doing with the slot, and only a small handful of industry people and us rabid fans are even aware that Pyramid is under consideration.  Seems perfectly likely that local station managers don't have any more of a clue than we do right now.
[/quote]

Maybe you read it differently than I, but what I was mainly wondering (and I might have not made that clear in my original message) was if WHP was going to show the GL replacement at 3pm, or at 10am. Unless I've missed the boat somewhere along the way, I've been under the impression that CBS was going to continue to program the 3pm hour, as compared to giving that hour back in exchange for 10am.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #230 on: July 03, 2009, 05:45:09 AM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'219353\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 02:36 AM\']Maybe you read it differently than I, but what I was mainly wondering (and I might have not made that clear in my original message) was if WHP was going to show the GL replacement at 3pm, or at 10am. Unless I've missed the boat somewhere along the way, I've been under the impression that CBS was going to continue to program the 3pm hour, as compared to giving that hour back in exchange for 10am.[/quote]
...and the answer is: they don't know. They know the schedule is going to change when GL goes off the air. Whether that's by another show filling its slot, or shuffling around the schedule to make the show fit better, they don't know. When CBS decides what they're going to put in that slot, then, maybe, they will know. Until then, they do not.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #231 on: July 03, 2009, 12:48:28 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'219354\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 05:45 AM\'][quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'219353\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 02:36 AM\']Maybe you read it differently than I, but what I was mainly wondering (and I might have not made that clear in my original message) was if WHP was going to show the GL replacement at 3pm, or at 10am. Unless I've missed the boat somewhere along the way, I've been under the impression that CBS was going to continue to program the 3pm hour, as compared to giving that hour back in exchange for 10am.[/quote]
...and the answer is: they don't know. They know the schedule is going to change when GL goes off the air. Whether that's by another show filling its slot, or shuffling around the schedule to make the show fit better, they don't know. When CBS decides what they're going to put in that slot, then, maybe, they will know. Until then, they do not.
[/quote]

OK. I'd assumed* that the new offering would simply replace GL at 3pm.

* We all know what happens when one assumes

SteveR

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #232 on: July 03, 2009, 03:04:07 PM »
Right now, it looks like the affiliates have the option to show GL at 10:00 or 3:00 and take the other hour for themselves. It all depends whether, I guess, they see the best use of 3:00 as an extension of the network soap block or of their own local syndie/news block.

I would think that if game shows are the replacement, there will be a greater percentage taking the 10 am option.

aaron sica

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #233 on: July 03, 2009, 03:26:10 PM »
[quote name=\'SteveR\' post=\'219382\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 03:04 PM\']I would think that if game shows are the replacement, there will be a greater percentage taking the 10 am option.[/quote]

As much as I would love to see an afternoon network game show for the first time in a long time, I tend to agree. Another game show would be a great lead-in for TPiR.

TimK2003

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #234 on: July 03, 2009, 04:07:04 PM »
In our particular corner of the Mountain Time Zone, we currently get TPIR (off the live East Coast Feed) at 9AM, followed by Y&R at 10AM.  If our station moves Y&R to the old Guiding Light slot at 2PM, we'd have the following:

900 AM:  TPIR
1000:     Pyramid
1030:     LMAD ???
1100:     Feud (first-run syndie)
1130:     Millionaire (previous season reruns)

This would make for a great 3-hour block of morning game show programming.  Plus, Y & R would make a great lead-in for Phil & Oprah.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 04:07:32 PM by TimK2003 »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #235 on: July 03, 2009, 04:24:41 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'219390\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 01:07 PM\']If our station moves Y&R to the old Guiding Light slot at 2PM,[/quote]
...they'd be high as a friggin' kite, considering that Y&R is WAAAAAY more of an anchor show than GL ever was.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

aaron sica

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #236 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'219396\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 04:24 PM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'219390\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 01:07 PM\']If our station moves Y&R to the old Guiding Light slot at 2PM,[/quote]
...they'd be high as a friggin' kite, considering that Y&R is WAAAAAY more of an anchor show than GL ever was.
[/quote]

Absolutely. There are only a handful of stations I know of that don't run Y&R at its designated time for that time zone..It's been at 12:30 (EST) for nearly 30 years for a reason......

tvmitch

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #237 on: July 03, 2009, 05:20:13 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'219323\' date=\'Jul 2 2009, 04:14 PM\']I emailed WHP (Harrisburg) to ask them and got this reply from the "programming manager":

Aaron,

So much for a straight answer..
[/quote]
I am ASTONISHED that you got a reply from them at all. I have emailed them half a dozen times over the past couple years and never received a response once. They're still a sorry excuse for a TV station though.

/ObGameShow: WHP aired Combs daytime Feud at noon because they could not afford to slap together a noon news program at the time.
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #238 on: July 03, 2009, 06:48:59 PM »
[quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'219411\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 05:20 PM\']I am ASTONISHED that you got a reply from them at all. I have emailed them half a dozen times over the past couple years and never received a response once. They're still a sorry excuse for a TV station though.

/ObGameShow: WHP aired Combs daytime Feud at noon because they could not afford to slap together a noon news program at the time.[/quote]

They usually are pretty good at emailing back, believe it or not. I do watch their news from time to time. I try to watch 8, 21, and 27 equally (and 15 and 43 if I remember).

As for the Feud at noon, they *still* can't afford to slap together a noon news program. The '80s were an off and on time of noon news for them.

Scrabbleship

NEW PYRAMID CASTING.
« Reply #239 on: July 03, 2009, 09:13:11 PM »
[quote name=\'aaron sica\' post=\'219422\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 06:48 PM\'][quote name=\'mitchgroff\' post=\'219411\' date=\'Jul 3 2009, 05:20 PM\']I am ASTONISHED that you got a reply from them at all. I have emailed them half a dozen times over the past couple years and never received a response once. They're still a sorry excuse for a TV station though.

/ObGameShow: WHP aired Combs daytime Feud at noon because they could not afford to slap together a noon news program at the time.[/quote]

They usually are pretty good at emailing back, believe it or not. I do watch their news from time to time. I try to watch 8, 21, and 27 equally (and 15 and 43 if I remember).

As for the Feud at noon, they *still* can't afford to slap together a noon news program. The '80s were an off and on time of noon news for them.
[/quote]

And oddly enough noon is the one time that WHP would have a snowball's chance in hell of catching WGAL...at least that was true a few years ago.