Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Family Feud news for the new season  (Read 56346 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Family Feud news for the new season
« Reply #105 on: June 01, 2009, 04:17:30 PM »
[quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'217086\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 01:12 PM\']Occam's Razor argument being that it's either $30K or $5/point in the endgame.[/quote]
Um, okay. One would think that the Occam's Razor argument would be "build your bank in Bullseye" what with the Twitter announcement, but whatever floats your boat...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pacdude

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2009, 04:19:03 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'217087\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 04:17 PM\'][quote name=\'Joe Mello\' post=\'217086\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 01:12 PM\']Occam's Razor argument being that it's either $30K or $5/point in the endgame.[/quote]
Um, okay. One would think that the Occam's Razor argument would be "build your bank in Bullseye" what with the Twitter announcement, but whatever floats your boat...
[/quote]

Agreed. No one really needs to speculate anymore, since they clearly said, "Bullseye's coming back" and referred to it as "retro."

Sodboy13

« Reply #107 on: June 01, 2009, 04:21:05 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'217077\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 01:16 PM\'][quote name=\'tvwxman\' post=\'217065\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 09:38 AM\']Win money right from the start![/quote]
If it plays like the old Bullseye round did, isn't this a little disingenuous?
[/quote]

Hmm... well either it's a poor choice of words on Twitter (which would only be about the 81,245,179th time that's happened,) or maybe they're paying out $10K up-front for Bullseye, and another $20K in Fast Money, which would be kinda... odd.
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

--Shawn Micallef, Talkin' 'bout Your Generation

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #108 on: June 01, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'217091\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 01:21 PM\']Hmm... well either it's a poor choice of words on Twitter (which would only be about the 81,245,179th time that's happened,)[/quote]
Yeah, I suspect nobody's editing whoever is doing the Twittering for Fremantle, or they don't care.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

bandit_bobby

« Reply #109 on: June 01, 2009, 05:57:00 PM »
I'm not really a fan of Bullseye coming back, but my brother Andrew probably would like that.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #110 on: June 01, 2009, 07:07:45 PM »
Well, I know there's only one small set change needed to accomodate Bullseye, and that's the podium scoreboards, but I wonder if anything else is gonna be added with it. Are they gonna change the podiums, just add a new scoreboard, EDIT or just use the space where the family name is located, like Bert's FF did?
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

chad1m

« Reply #111 on: June 01, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'217101\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 07:07 PM\']use the space where the family name is located, like Bert's FF did?[/quote]That seems sensible.

MOSHER

$22,000
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:13:52 PM by chad1m »

CJBojangles

« Reply #112 on: June 01, 2009, 07:42:19 PM »
I'd much prefer to see a new scoreboard for Bullseye in place of those useless eggcrates displays.

Maybe then they could just take a shot of the main game scores on the big board like they did for 17 years.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #113 on: June 02, 2009, 12:54:12 AM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'217104\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 06:42 PM\']I'd much prefer to see a new scoreboard for Bullseye in place of those useless eggcrates displays.

Maybe then they could just take a shot of the main game scores on the big board like they did for 17 years.[/quote]
Oh, don't get me started on that issue- I was peeved when they re-added those scoreboards. Because there's more black in/on/around the set this season, they blend in a little better, but they still look out of place to me

[quote name=\'chad1m\' post=\'217103\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 06:13 PM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'217101\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 07:07 PM\']use the space where the family name is located, like Bert's FF did?[/quote]That seems sensible.

MOSHER

$22,000
[/quote]
For Bullseye on Bert's FF, IIRC, they replaced the family names with the Bullseye banks. Since it was only used during celebrity games, though, it didn't matter, since you'd probably be able to identify the players' association without a moniker hanging above.

Loved the Aussie version of the show, but their implementation of Bullseye really did suck.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:58:35 AM by rollercoaster87 »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Sodboy13

« Reply #114 on: June 02, 2009, 01:11:21 AM »
[quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'217121\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 11:54 PM\']Loved the Aussie version of the show, but their implementation of Bullseye really did suck.[/quote]

Just read up on how they did it - yowza.  "So in short, as long as your first player gets at least one top answer in Fast Money, this will all have been an incredibly pointless exercise."
"Speed: it made Sandra Bullock a household name, and costs me over ten thousand a week."

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #115 on: June 02, 2009, 12:41:10 PM »
[quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'217104\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 06:42 PM\']I'd much prefer to see a new scoreboard for Bullseye in place of those useless eggcrates displays.[/quote]
Or better yet, dump the eggcrates and go back to the Ferranti displays.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 12:41:52 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Sodboy13

« Reply #116 on: June 02, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »
[quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'217137\' date=\'Jun 2 2009, 11:41 AM\'][quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'217104\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 06:42 PM\']I'd much prefer to see a new scoreboard for Bullseye in place of those useless eggcrates displays.[/quote]
[/quote]

Meh.  Nostalgia is what it is and all, but everything on that set is lit up and decidedly non-dot-matrix.  The old-time displays would be just as much of a sore thumb, if not moreso.  Just put another flat-panel monitor in there so everything matches.

I thought I had read here previously that the proportions of the current set are different from the '76-'94 sets, so the camera angles involved in displaying the teams' scores on the back wall just aren't doable.  Thus, the decision a few episodes into the O'Hurley era to shove the eggcrates into the family desks.

/First person to suggest switching the survey board to Solari panels gets a prize!
//It's a brand new punch in the face.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #117 on: June 02, 2009, 02:16:45 PM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'217139\' date=\'Jun 2 2009, 12:53 PM\'][quote name=\'SRIV94\' post=\'217137\' date=\'Jun 2 2009, 11:41 AM\'][quote name=\'CJBojangles\' post=\'217104\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 06:42 PM\']I'd much prefer to see a new scoreboard for Bullseye in place of those useless eggcrates displays.[/quote]
[/quote]

Meh.  Nostalgia is what it is and all, but everything on that set is lit up and decidedly non-dot-matrix.  The old-time displays would be just as much of a sore thumb, if not moreso.  Just put another flat-panel monitor in there so everything matches.
[/quote]
Wasn't looking at it so much from the nostalgia standpoint--I just prefer the way the Ferranti displays look compared to the Eggcrates.

/Oh, and nice work Sunday.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Ian Wallis

« Reply #118 on: June 02, 2009, 05:23:34 PM »
Wasn't looking at it so much from the nostalgia standpoint--I just prefer the way the Ferranti displays look compared to the Eggcrates.

Put me down for a couple of eggs...er...eggcrates.  After seeing them on game shows practically my whole life, I'd miss them if they weren't there!  It's disappointing to me that shows like Wheel of Fortune stopped using them - there aren't too many shows around now that still use them.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2009, 12:06:42 AM »
[quote name=\'Sodboy13\' post=\'217122\' date=\'Jun 2 2009, 12:11 AM\'][quote name=\'rollercoaster87\' post=\'217121\' date=\'Jun 1 2009, 11:54 PM\']Loved the Aussie version of the show, but their implementation of Bullseye really did suck.[/quote]

Just read up on how they did it - yowza.  "So in short, as long as your first player gets at least one top answer in Fast Money, this will all have been an incredibly pointless exercise."
[/quote]
Exactly- it would have been better if they had just added the Bullseye bank to the final fast money total.

I thought I had read here previously that the proportions of the current set are different from the '76-'94 sets, so the camera angles involved in displaying the teams' scores on the back wall just aren't doable.  Thus, the decision a few episodes into the O'Hurley era to shove the eggcrates into the family desks.
My only big gripe with it was the fact that they used such out of place scoreboards.....they could have used flat panel screens and it would have been fine- at least those would have matched the set.

BTW, I went back a few tweets on the Feud page, and it says they start taping on June 7th, so hopefully we get a sneak preview on Youtube soon!