Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Official Game Show Related Twitter (or similar) Sites:  (Read 2426 times)

TimK2003

Official Game Show Related Twitter (or similar) Sites:
« on: June 08, 2009, 09:14:10 AM »
Now that the Twitter, My Space & Facebook craze has swept the nation, and the fact that the Family Feud Twitter site has gotten a lot of mention around these parts as of late, are there any other worthwhile Twitter/Facebook/MySpace sites that are created and run by game show related people that might be worth checking out?

bwood

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 01:01:59 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'217490\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 09:14 AM\']Now that the Twitter, My Space & Facebook craze has swept the nation, and the fact that the Family Feud Twitter site has gotten a lot of mention around these parts as of late, are there any other worthwhile Twitter/Facebook/MySpace sites that are created and run by game show related people that might be worth checking out?[/quote]

I don't know of too many (especially as far as shows specifically), I'm kinda new to the Twitter scene too but on my Twitter page I follow GSN Live (gsnlive) and BuzzerBlog (buzzerblog). Personalities that I follow on there include Fred Roggin (thedean4) , Todd Newton (toddnewton) and Chris Hardwick (nerdist). I'm thinking the Feud one may be the only one for the specific production of a game show (on Twitter at least), but I'm not sure.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 01:23:58 PM by bwood »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 02:45:10 PM »
[quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'217490\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 06:14 AM\']worthwhile Twitter[/quote]
This is an oxymoron.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'217514\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 02:45 PM\'][quote name=\'TimK2003\' post=\'217490\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 06:14 AM\']worthwhile Twitter[/quote]This is an oxymoron.[/quote]
Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  TIME Magazine has a cover story about how it's going to change our lives, but every other story is about how it's used to learn what a celebrity had for lunch.  As modes of communication go, I see this as being our decade's version of the CB radio.  Some people must have a real, practical use for it, though I have yet to meet any of these people.  But for most of us (whether we realize it yet or not), it's just a plaything that'll get old in a hurry when the next big thing comes along.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'217516\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 02:51 PM\']But for most of us (whether we realize it yet or not), it's just a plaything that'll get old in a hurry when the next big thing comes along.[/quote]
Does not approve.
"They're both Norman Jewison movies, Troy, but we did think of one Jew more famous than Tevye."

Now celebrating his 22nd season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:20:59 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'217516\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 11:51 AM\']Yeah, I'm with you on this one.  TIME Magazine has a cover story about how it's going to change our lives, but every other story is about how it's used to learn what a celebrity had for lunch.  As modes of communication go, I see this as being our decade's version of the CB radio.[/quote]
Exactly. Ultimately, it's a tool.

Unfortunately, so are most of the people who use it.

I've seen it used for two purposes, mostly: telling people what they had for breakfast, or deluding themselves that just because they follow a "famous" user, that they are now best buds with that user because they can send them an at-message.

It *could* be a useful tool, but then all of the "useful" uses I can think of for it have already been implemented elsewhere.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 05:15:05 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'217519\' date=\'Jun 8 2009, 12:09 PM\']Does not approve.[/quote]
Hey, that's my best buddy. In fact, he's my only buddy (sniff).

Twitter is for twits, 'kay? It is aptly named.

Twitter et al will be for the 2010 decade what cell phones were for the 2000 decade. There is no shortage of maroons who roam supermarket aisles, cell phone to ear, asking a person at some remote location "Should I buy the whipped cream cheese or the regular?" What is the point of sending the husband out to do the grocery shopping if he's going to ring you up from the supermarket with such dopey questions as that?

/This celebrity had sizzling rice soup and Mongolian beef for lunch Monday.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 05:22:35 AM by chris319 »

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 07:24:10 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'217577\' date=\'Jun 9 2009, 05:15 AM\']/This celebrity had sizzling rice soup and Mongolian beef for lunch Monday.[/quote]
Who is Jackie Chan?
Digital Media Producer, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com