Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: My new Retroality.TV interview with Holly Hallstrom  (Read 2586 times)

Chris Mann

My new Retroality.TV interview with Holly Hallstrom
« on: June 14, 2009, 04:31:49 AM »
Hi everyone. I thought I'd share news of my new audio interview with "Price is Right" model Holly Hallstrom. Many of you know that I'm writing a behind-the-scenes book about "Price" (a mammoth project, to say the least :  ), and that I authored the "Three's Company" tell-all book "Come and Knock on Our Door."

Holly recently gave me a lengthy, exclusive interview for my webzine, www.Retroality.TV. I will post portions of her multi-part interview on my homepage and on my "Kitschin'" blog in coming weeks.

The mp3 file and an embedded video file containing the first part of her interview are now on my blog: http://retroalitytv.blogspot.com

Soon I'll be uploading Part 1 of her interview in two segments on my You Tube channel (http://www.youtube.com/retroalitytv). I also plan to include links to these You Tube files on my site's homepage when I post the June issue later next week. (I know, June is already almost half over ... I guess I'll call it my "June.5" issue.)

Thanks, and happy listening. Would love to hear your thoughts ...

whewfan

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2009, 05:33:31 AM »
Check out Barker in that getup with the cowhide pattern! Bet he regrets it now!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 05:48:20 AM by whewfan »

joker316

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »
Chris, the interview was great and I am looking forward to the book. Thanks for posting!

And to everyone else, if you haven't read Chris' 2007 Radar magazine article on TPIR check out the link on his site. A must read!
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 08:22:15 PM »
Chris -

That was fascinating; thanks for posting it.

I have great empathy for Holly given the way she was treated. It sounds as if she is in good spirits and generally happy with her life now and for that I am glad.

tvrandywest

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2009, 08:45:17 PM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' post=\'218055\' date=\'Jun 14 2009, 05:22 PM\']Chris -

That was fascinating; thanks for posting it.

I have great empathy for Holly given the way she was treated. It sounds as if she is in good spirits and generally happy with her life now and for that I am glad.[/quote]
I've spoken with Holly recently (she was kind enough to help in my researching the Johnny O. book) and she is indeed in good spirits, back in Southern California, and enjoying life. A real sweetheart who showed tremendous character in fighting the good fight in her counter-suit, turning down previous settlement offers that she felt were unfair. I know I speak for ALL of us in wishing her continued health and happiness.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:45:45 PM by tvrandywest »
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Offshored2007

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
My all-time fave TPiR model.  I echo Randy's thoughts and wishes.

pentellit

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 06:27:23 PM »
Great interview CMann, just listened to it!