Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bart Eskander retired?  (Read 9351 times)

jimlangefan

Bart Eskander retired?
« on: June 12, 2009, 02:49:17 PM »
According to an article on buzzerblog.com & Susan Eskander, Bart's wife,  on Golden-road.net Bart was not fired but he retired after 30 years with the Goodson organization.  Maybe some of us in the know can confirm or deny?  Is it just me or is something not right about all of this?

Buzzerblog Article

Golden-Road.net Topic
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 02:49:47 PM by jimlangefan »
TV's Big Dealer

cmjb13

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 02:54:04 PM »
So Eskander was not a casualty of the Curling lawsuit?

My head is spinning.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:12:50 PM »
Not a latest casualty of the dreaded trio of Carey-Vinnedge-Richards?

/Not Jacoby and Meyers, I know.
-Sanford

pentellit

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »
Eskander...."voluntarily left the show".

Hmmm, where have I heard that phrase before?  Oh yeah, "Dian voluntarily left the show." Oh and,  "Holly voluntarily retired."

Riiiiiiiight.  ;)

davemackey

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 08:43:54 PM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'217969\' date=\'Jun 12 2009, 08:08 PM\']Eskander...."voluntarily left the show".

Hmmm, where have I heard that phrase before?  Oh yeah, "Dian voluntarily left the show." Oh and,  "Holly voluntarily retired."

Riiiiiiiight.  ;)[/quote]
That's almost as tinged as the phrased "asked to resign".

Steve Gavazzi

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 01:02:46 AM »
[quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'217969\' date=\'Jun 12 2009, 08:08 PM\']Eskander...."voluntarily left the show".

Hmmm, where have I heard that phrase before?  Oh yeah, "Dian voluntarily left the show."[/quote]
Sure seemed voluntary to me.

tyshaun1

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 01:10:17 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'217979\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 01:02 AM\'][quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'217969\' date=\'Jun 12 2009, 08:08 PM\']Eskander...."voluntarily left the show".

Hmmm, where have I heard that phrase before?  Oh yeah, "Dian voluntarily left the show."[/quote]
Sure seemed voluntary to me.
[/quote]
Oh good lord Steve.

Tyshaun

Steve Gavazzi

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 03:06:15 AM »
[quote name=\'tyshaun1\' post=\'217980\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 01:10 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'217979\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 01:02 AM\'][quote name=\'pentellit\' post=\'217969\' date=\'Jun 12 2009, 08:08 PM\']Eskander...."voluntarily left the show".

Hmmm, where have I heard that phrase before?  Oh yeah, "Dian voluntarily left the show."[/quote]Sure seemed voluntary to me.[/quote]Oh good lord Steve.

Tyshaun[/quote]
What?

Seriously, what's wrong with pointing out that they went out of their way to let Dian have a respectful exit?  Hell, they even taped the show out of order so that she could do it on the season finale (she wasn't present on the two previous episodes, which were taped a week later).  That hardly seems like an accomodation they'd make for somebody they wanted gone as soon as possible.

TheLastResort

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 09:40:52 AM »
Translation:  "Don't make waves, and we'll let you have a nice send-off."

tyshaun1

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 10:36:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'217981\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 03:06 AM\']What?

Seriously, what's wrong with pointing out that they went out of their way to let Dian have a respectful exit?  Hell, they even taped the show out of order so that she could do it on the season finale (she wasn't present on the two previous episodes, which were taped a week later).  That hardly seems like an accomodation they'd make for somebody they wanted gone as soon as possible.[/quote]
I don't know..... maybe the fact that everyone else left on bad terms? Or maybe that Dian sued Barker a year later? But I digress.

Tyshaun

Matt Ottinger

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 11:47:45 AM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'217981\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 03:06 AM\']Seriously, what's wrong with pointing out that they went out of their way to let Dian have a respectful exit?[/quote]
Nothing, except that you appear to be presenting that as proof her departure was voluntary, and you're smart enough to know better.  Regardless of the behind-the-scenes stuff that just about any remotely serious fan knows about, to just point to a video and say since everyone's smiling, everything must be okey-dokey, reeks of a naivete that we know you don't have.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Steve Gavazzi

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 01:11:02 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'217988\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 11:47 AM\'][quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'217981\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 03:06 AM\']Seriously, what's wrong with pointing out that they went out of their way to let Dian have a respectful exit?[/quote]Nothing, except that you appear to be presenting that as proof her departure was voluntary, and you're smart enough to know better.  Regardless of the behind-the-scenes stuff that just about any remotely serious fan knows about, to just point to a video and say since everyone's smiling, everything must be okey-dokey, reeks of a naivete that we know you don't have.[/quote]
I'm hardly claiming that there was no bad blood between Dian and and the rest of the staff.  I'm just saying that she was given a courtesy that hasn't been afforded to anyone who left the show on bad terms either before or sense; no one else was even given so much as a passing acknowledgement by Barker, let alone an on-air goodbye.  It seems entirely possible that Dian realized on her own that her backstage antics were starting to blow up on her, and even if she didn't, the mere existence of such a video seems to indicate that the circumstances behind her departure were no more sinister than someone telling her, "You know, Dian, maybe everyone would be better off if you left," and Dian agreeing.

So yes, I was more vague than I should have been...I'm just saying that it seems kind of silly to equate Dian's departure with the cluster**** that Holly's turned into.

joker316

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2009, 02:44:36 PM »
I'm unsure of the actual dates, but did she leave before or after Goodson's passing? Because, AFAIK all the "bleep" hit the fan after his passing. (lawsuits, firings, etc) Maybe it was his idea, without him knowing "everything" that went on.
Survival of the fittest...And besides...it's FUN!!!!  ...Daffy Duck

Matt Ottinger

Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 03:48:44 PM »
[quote name=\'Steve Gavazzi\' post=\'217991\' date=\'Jun 13 2009, 01:11 PM\']the mere existence of such a video seems to indicate that the circumstances behind her departure were no more sinister than someone telling her, "You know, Dian, maybe everyone would be better off if you left," and Dian agreeing.

So yes, I was more vague than I should have been...I'm just saying that it seems kind of silly to equate Dian's departure with the cluster**** that Holly's turned into.[/quote]
That's fair.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Bart Eskander retired?
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 04:25:41 PM »
did she leave before or after Goodson's passing?
After.

Were Barker and Dian an item at the time Dian left the show? That could explain the nice sendoff.