Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR edits  (Read 3982 times)

MizzouRah!

TPiR edits
« on: June 10, 2009, 07:33:42 PM »
So it's obvious between pricing game #1 and new contestant call we have a clean edit(1st contestant can be seen filling out forms 5 seconds after they run to see their new car). My question is, on this track meet of a game show, are they also editing the opening 'Come on Downs'? Nowadays contestant #1 is called, stands up and Rich is already on to name #2, 3, etc.. Depending on camera angles during other calls, they miraculously appear in bidder's row like an olympic sprinter. If they are editing this, I'm very surprised they'd be taking maybe 5-10 seconds from the opening. Seems like the oddest place to cut time.

If the mods would like to move this to the main section, please do. I clicked while in the GSN portion and noticed it a little after the fact.  THANKS!!!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 08:46:13 PM by MizzouRah! »

Jimmy Owen

TPiR edits
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 10:36:16 PM »
I don't like editing on a "live-to-tape" show, but maybe they could save time by having three of the four already in place before the show starts and have Rich say something like..."Television's fastest hour, etc, etc....these three contestants have already been called to come on down and we're looking for a fourth..John Doe, come on down!  You are the first four contestants on "The Price is Right"....
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR edits
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 11:28:12 PM »
Amazingly, audience members have reported that there is not an edit being done after the first game.  I'm not sure how they're pulling that off on certain days, but...well, whatever, I suppose.

Jimmy Owen

TPiR edits
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 11:42:24 PM »
I thought there was talk of a new editing method where the raw video with various camera angles was sent to NY for final edits for airing.  The director just lets the cameras roll.

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR edits
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:22:54 AM »
I'm pretty sure there's more editing than ever going on in Television City these days -- just not, apparently, to make up for the missing first commercial.

MizzouRah!

TPiR edits
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 10:10:35 PM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'217728\' date=\'Jun 10 2009, 10:42 PM\']I thought there was talk of a new editing method where the raw video with various camera angles was sent to NY for final edits for airing.  The director just lets the cameras roll.[/quote]I don't know why I'm so taken by all these edits, but now I watch the show more to pick out the odd cuts. Today's ep was most unusual. Did anyone notice when the older woman was respinning during the Showcase Showdown, the wheel 'jumped' about 6 notches. The casual viewer wouldn't catch this, but what can I say, I'm sick. To me, this wasn't a clean edit, but it knocked a good 2 seconds from the show. I'm curious to see if the online version is the same. I'm guessing the cbs.com TPiR is exactly as originally broadcast, sans all the ads???
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 04:04:34 PM by MizzouRah! »

Jimmy Owen

TPiR edits
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 10:52:58 PM »
I guess we should be happy that they're not yet using funky "time-lapse" effects to fast forward the action like many shows do nowadays.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
TPiR edits
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 11:31:41 PM »
You can say that again.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

rwalker

TPiR edits
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 02:35:27 PM »
[quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'217868\' date=\'Jun 11 2009, 11:28 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'217728\' date=\'Jun 10 2009, 10:42 PM\']I thought there was talk of a new editing method where the raw video with various camera angles was sent to NY for final edits for airing.  The director just lets the cameras roll.[/quote]I don't know why I'm so taken by all these edits, but now I watch the show more to pick out the odd cuts. Today's ep was most unusual. Did anyone notice when the older woman was respinning during the Showcase Showdown, the wheel 'jumped' about 6 notches. The casual viewer wouldn't catch this, but what can I say, I'm sick. To me, this wasn't a clean edit, but it knocked a good 2 seconds from the show. I'm curious to see if the online version is the same. I'm guessing the cbs.com TPiR is exactly as originally broadcast, sans all the ads???
[/quote]

I am going on the presumption that maybe it took 3 or 4 spins to get the darn thing all the way around and they had to be cut.

Steve Gavazzi

TPiR edits
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 04:27:26 AM »
[quote name=\'rwalker\' post=\'217920\' date=\'Jun 12 2009, 02:35 PM\'][quote name=\'MizzouRah!\' post=\'217868\' date=\'Jun 11 2009, 11:28 PM\'][quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' post=\'217728\' date=\'Jun 10 2009, 10:42 PM\']I thought there was talk of a new editing method where the raw video with various camera angles was sent to NY for final edits for airing.  The director just lets the cameras roll.[/quote]I don't know why I'm so taken by all these edits, but now I watch the show more to pick out the odd cuts. Today's ep was most unusual. Did anyone notice when the older woman was respinning during the Showcase Showdown, the wheel 'jumped' about 6 notches. The casual viewer wouldn't catch this, but what can I say, I'm sick. To me, this wasn't a clean edit, but it knocked a good 2 seconds from the show. I'm curious to see if the online version is the same. I'm guessing the cbs.com TPiR is exactly as originally broadcast, sans all the ads???[/quote]I am going on the presumption that maybe it took 3 or 4 spins to get the darn thing all the way around and they had to be cut.[/quote]
That doesn't made it any less strange to do the edit in the middle of a spin.  There are much less conspicuous things they could have done.