Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Coming Up...  (Read 1179 times)

calliaume

Coming Up...
« on: January 29, 2009, 07:38:09 PM »
February 4, 7 PM EST/4 PM PST:  Geoff Edwards and Ron Greenberg.  They'll do "Anatomy of a Game Show", from idea/concept to network pitch to series.  We'll cover every step of the way including how the right host is selected.  This promises to be a lot of fun -- hope I can get home in time.

February 25, 7 PM EST/4 PM PST:  Wesley Hyatt ("The Encyclopedia of Daytime Television") and Steve Beverly.  Continuing discussion of daytime game shows, from the late 1970s to the present day.  Okay, maybe a little less fun, but I owe Hyatt props for sorting out all the daytime info; I used it on my site for the network schedules.

The URL is Shokus Radio.com.

calliaume

Coming Up...
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 11:56:18 AM »
[quote name=\'calliaume\' post=\'207194\' date=\'Jan 29 2009, 07:38 PM\']February 25 Wednesday, July 29, 7 PM EST/4 PM PST:  Wesley Hyatt ("The Encyclopedia of Daytime Television") and Steve Beverly.  Continuing discussion of daytime game shows, from the late 1970s 1980s to the present day.  
The URL is Shokus Radio.com.[/quote]
Thought this needed a bump.  I never did hear the first show (and I won't catch all of the second unless my son goes to sleep early), but this promises to be interesting.  Wesley and I have exchanged a few notes since I first wrote this; his Encyclopedia of Daytime Television is very informative and useful (if you can still find it) and he feels the same way about the decline and (eventually) fall of NBC that I do (it's all Zucker's fault!).
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:15:10 PM by calliaume »