Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will You Attend the Game Show Congress?  (Read 14881 times)

TonicBH

Will You Attend the Game Show Congress?
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2009, 02:54:07 AM »
I'll probably be taking college classes during that period, and I already reserved my one "trip to famous spot" location for Seattle for the Penny Arcade Expo in a week. So no.
You Found a Secret Area: The place where I write about dumb game show and video game stuff occasionally.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2009, 03:03:54 AM »
[quote name=\'TonicBH\' post=\'223943\' date=\'Aug 23 2009, 11:54 PM\']I'll probably be taking college classes during that period, and I already reserved my one "trip to famous spot" location for Seattle for the Penny Arcade Expo in a week. So no.[/quote]
First time? You're in for a treat. (I'm hoping the cap on three-day passes this year has at least somewhat of an effect.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

comicus

« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 09:34:25 PM »
No.

WhammyGuy28

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2009, 02:54:58 AM »
Since 11/14-15 is a weekend, it's going to be a challenge for me to attend this.  I will try my best though.
"What kind of man would live in a world where there is no daring? I don't believe in taking foolish chances, but nothing can be accomplished without taking any chance at all."

-- Charles Augustus Lindberg

Chris Kennedy

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2009, 11:37:59 AM »
I will be coming to GSC this November with a friend if that is all right.

Take care and thank you.

Chris

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2009, 04:09:15 PM »
[quote name=\'Chris Kennedy\' post=\'224927\' date=\'Sep 4 2009, 10:37 AM\']I will be coming to GSC this November with a friend if that is all right.[/quote]
Quick--somebody check with Paul to see if bringing friends is OK!  :)
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Loogaroo

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2009, 08:40:12 AM »
Do we have any confirmation on a venue yet?
You're in a room. You're wearing a silly hat.
There are letters on the floor. They spell "NOPE".

tvrandywest

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2009, 02:47:01 PM »
[quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'226437\' date=\'Sep 19 2009, 05:40 AM\']Do we have any confirmation on a venue yet?[/quote]
As recently as yesterday, Paul Bailey indicated all systems are "go" for GSC on the weekend of November 15th. We were discussing other aspects, and I didn't confirm the venue.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

tvrandywest

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2009, 07:14:55 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'226519\' date=\'Sep 20 2009, 11:47 AM\'][quote name=\'Loogaroo\' post=\'226437\' date=\'Sep 19 2009, 05:40 AM\']Do we have any confirmation on a venue yet?[/quote]
As recently as yesterday, Paul Bailey indicated all systems are "go" for GSC on the weekend of November 15th. We were discussing other aspects, and I didn't confirm the venue.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
[/quote]

Beverly Garland Holiday Inn.
Again.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #39 on: September 23, 2009, 10:19:28 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'226769\' date=\'Sep 23 2009, 07:14 PM\']Beverly Garland Holiday Inn.

Again.[/quote]
Are we sure Bob Stewart has finished?

Might be "still".
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

gameshowcongress

« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2009, 01:05:24 PM »
The GSC 7 Legends reception and awards presentation will take place beginning at 2pm on Sunday November 15th at Beverly Garland's Holiday Inn Hotel in North Hollywood, CA. The event will begin with Geoff Edwards being honored for the Ralph Edwards Career Community Service award and finish with Allen Ludden being honored for the Bill Cullen Career Achievement Award with Betty White accepting in his memory.

The previous day (Sat Nov 14), and on Sunday morning in different rooms there will be competition in a variety of historic and new game show formats (presented by cast of characters, with many on these boards able to comment on same), as well as a specific seminar for potential contestants on how to properly audition for shows, presented by contestant coordinator Bev Pomerantz (with support from various successful contestants reporting on their experiences). That segment will be immediately followed by a NEW just added segment - Tom Kennedy and his "Wonderful World of Game Shows" presentation

More information will be posted over the coming weeks at www.gameshowcongress.net - link for lodging discount is up.  Still working on the $, but very affordable $50-60 range for the entire weekend, or $20 for the awards reception only (not luncheon, but with light refreshments).  If you can't attend and want the 7th edition printed program mailed to you with shipping included it will be $12 (with a bonus of the 6th edition program included for the first 50 orders).

Regarding the program - for anyone who has ideas for organizations who can help underwrite the event by putting an advertisement in the program - the rate card can be found at http://www.gameshowcongress.net/GSC7RateCard.pdf

Winkfan

« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2009, 05:50:52 PM »
The event will begin with Geoff Edwards being honored for the Ralph Edwards Career Community Service award and finish with Allen Ludden being honored for the Bill Cullen Career Achievement Award with Betty White accepting in his memory.

YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!!

NEW just added segment - Tom Kennedy and his "Wonderful World of Game Shows" presentation.

DOUBLE YABBA DABBA DOO!!!!!

I've already made my reservations. To those who cannot make it, I send my regards.....

Cordially,
Tammy
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:09:26 PM by Winkfan »
In Loving Memory: Dolores "Roxanne" Rosedale (1929-2024) & Peter Marshall (1926-2024)

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2009, 06:31:01 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowcongress\' post=\'226959\' date=\'Sep 27 2009, 12:05 PM\']The event will begin with Geoff Edwards being honored for the Ralph Edwards Career Community Service award[/quote]Hopefully Passepartout never finds out about this.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

tvrandywest

« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2009, 06:30:53 PM »
Here's more complete program info:
http://www.gameshowcongress.net/

Besides the Sunday awards, the Saturday Tom Kennedy presentation looks hot.

Also... come on down to get your copy of Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time - over 400 pages, close to 100 photos, and the story of the history of American broadcasting as lived by an amazing pro.  ;-)

Randy
tvrandywest.com
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 06:31:51 PM by tvrandywest »

Mike Tennant

« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2009, 11:55:50 AM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' post=\'228004\' date=\'Oct 7 2009, 06:30 PM\']Also... come on down to get your copy of Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time - over 400 pages, close to 100 photos, and the story of the history of American broadcasting as lived by an amazing pro.  ;-)[/quote]For those who can't make it to the GSC, the book is in stock at Amazon now.