Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need a source for WWTBAM  (Read 1404 times)

Ian Wallis

Need a source for WWTBAM
« on: September 05, 2009, 11:30:46 AM »
I hardly ever do this, but unfortunately my current favorite game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire is changing channels this fall, and is moving to one I can't currently get.  :(

For the first time since the show went on the air, I appear to be out of luck.  I'd really like to see the season premiere, and was wondering if someone here could record the first three episodes for me (airing 9/7; 9/8 and 9/9) plus the first show with the new money tree, which should air in the second week?

We can do a quick swap once they air.

Sometime this fall I guess I'll have to upgrade my package and get a digital box, which means totally re-arranging all my equipment.

Please contact me if someone can help out!  A link to my current list is in my signature.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

mcsittel

Need a source for WWTBAM
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:29:23 PM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' post=\'225029\' date=\'Sep 5 2009, 10:30 AM\']I hardly ever do this, but unfortunately my current favorite game show Who Wants to be a Millionaire is changing channels this fall, and is moving to one I can't currently get.  :(

For the first time since the show went on the air, I appear to be out of luck.  I'd really like to see the season premiere, and was wondering if someone here could record the first three episodes for me (airing 9/7; 9/8 and 9/9) plus the first show with the new money tree, which should air in the second week?

We can do a quick swap once they air.

Sometime this fall I guess I'll have to upgrade my package and get a digital box, which means totally re-arranging all my equipment.

Please contact me if someone can help out!  A link to my current list is in my signature.[/quote]

Sorry, Ian, I can't think of *anyone* who would have any interest in taping those shows, especially on the 9th!  :)  

I'll have 'em all on DVD if you need them, since our group's episodes span at least the first 6 episodes.

mathwhiz

Need a source for WWTBAM
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2009, 09:41:07 PM »
I could also get them for you.  What I'm interested in getting would be the first episode of Deal or No Deal for this season - the local station that carries that here has PGA golf on tomorrow.  I don't mind if I miss an episode or two during the season (well OK I do, but not that as bad as the premiere).

Rich

chad1m

Need a source for WWTBAM
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 10:23:42 PM »
Yeah, WNEM did that to us last year with CBS coverage of tennis pre-empting the new seasons of the Merv Griffin Power Hour.

/Isn't there a reason we have eleven different ESPNs?
« Last Edit: September 06, 2009, 10:24:42 PM by chad1m »

mathwhiz

Need a source for WWTBAM
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2009, 07:39:50 PM »
Anyone have today's Deal or No Deal that I can get?  If not I'll just wait for it to rerun sometime during the day or at night at MyTV.  I also missed one of the double run episodes of Family Feud because they ran an infomercial instead.  I hate how stations jerk around game shows!  Don't mess with my game shows! :)

Chad - yes - I agree - use the sports channels for the sports and all the other channels for the game shows!

Rich

Allstar87

Need a source for WWTBAM
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2009, 12:38:15 AM »
I managed to tape Millionaire, both Feuds, and both Deals, in case anyone still needs a source.