Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Guiding Light's Cancellation  (Read 6223 times)

SteveR

The Guiding Light's Cancellation
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2009, 08:51:48 AM »
I have a friend who joked the started shooting those scenes with cell-phone cams. He wasn't all that far off.

CeleTheRef

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2009, 09:47:07 PM »
the cancellation of Guiding Light hit the news in Italy, but the news agency report I read had an "epic gameshow fail" in it.

It read  "...in the USA it will replaced by a new version of Let's Make A Deal, equivalent of our Wheel Of Fortune"      -_-'

Argo

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 11:09:11 PM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' post=\'226530\' date=\'Sep 20 2009, 04:53 PM\'][quote name=\'fostergray82\' post=\'226524\' date=\'Sep 20 2009, 03:57 PM\']That was a step up compared to when they changed the look last year. I remember watching outdoor scenes, and the background was so washed up that I couldn't tell the sky from the ground because the camera op failed to close the iris on the camera.[/quote]
I'm not a soap fan, so I hadn't heard about the change to hand-held digital video cameras and just happened to stumble across it one afternoon.  And yeah, what you said.  I've got no problem with the idea of doing it, but the execution was so spectacularly amateurish that I just wondered what they were thinking.  Yes, the next time I saw it several months later, it had gotten noticeably better, but by then they'd probably scared away that many more viewers.
[/quote]

I really hope this handheld look of things goes away soon. I don't mind it in its place for say like news reporting, but at our local station everything we do outside the studio is on constantly motion handheld. Im one for looking modern thats fine, but when you cant watch the show for getting a headache cause of the motion of the cameras (not jerky just constantly in and out and side to side like on a boat) its pretty bad.

Sometimes a tripod is nice.