Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Most Battlestars captured in one game?  (Read 2357 times)

JMFabiano

Most Battlestars captured in one game?
« on: October 15, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »
This was inspired by a YouTube commenter asking if anyone ever got all six.  I'm not sure how much in the realm of possibility that would be, but it made me wonder, what was the record, as it were, for most stars captured, either on original or New?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Darion Blackwood Daniel

« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 06:33:18 PM »
I think four were captured, but I never saw six captured in either version.
Love and Heart--The Blackwood Company

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 07:32:55 PM »
[quote name=\'Darion Blackwood Daniel\' post=\'228596\' date=\'Oct 15 2009, 03:33 PM\']I think four were captured, but I never saw six captured in either version.[/quote]
And yet, it happened. (In fact, I could swear there was some kind of bonus for getting all six.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JakeT

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2009, 07:39:31 PM »
[quote name=\'JMFabiano\' post=\'228594\' date=\'Oct 15 2009, 05:27 PM\']This was inspired by a YouTube commenter asking if anyone ever got all six.  I'm not sure how much in the realm of possibility that would be, but it made me wonder, what was the record, as it were, for most stars captured, either on original or New?[/quote]

While I can't give exact stats as to how often it happened or just when it might have occurred, I do recall at least a handful of times that a player managed to capture all six...I'd speculate that it more than likely happened during the first version of the show when the number lighting process from beginning to end of each game was always done by "putting the board/lights/numbers in motion" and the player in control hitting their button to make them stop.  With this random process, it wasn't really all that difficult for a player to have previously captured two stars plus neither player happening to stop the lights on the one particular number that each of the remaining four had in common until it ended up being the final number left in play...in then, the player with the two previously captured stars takes control and gives the correct response, they'd be able to capture the remaining 4, giving them a sweep.  BTW, while I say this scenario isn't all that difficult, I don't mean to suggest it to be common in the slightest either.  Since a large part of the randomness was removed by a change in the rules when the "new" version came along, quirky games as described above became extremely unlikely (although still possible).

Jake

golden-road

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2009, 08:24:19 PM »
[quote name=\'clemon79\' post=\'228606\' date=\'Oct 15 2009, 07:32 PM\'][quote name=\'Darion Blackwood Daniel\' post=\'228596\' date=\'Oct 15 2009, 03:33 PM\']I think four were captured, but I never saw six captured in either version.[/quote]
And yet, it happened. (In fact, I could swear there was some kind of bonus for getting all six.)
[/quote]

A bonus prize in '81, $1000 in '83.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »
I saw it a few times in the '81-82 version, but does anyone know if it happened at all in the '83 version?  The '83 version was never carried in my area, but from what I've seen via trading (4 episodes) and in person (2 episodes) it seemed very unlikely it would ever occur based on the revised rules for that version.

In one of the episodes I saw in person, one contestant got four celebrities on one of her wins, capturing two on the final question after already having two.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!