Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Where is Take Two?  (Read 3836 times)

JayC

Where is Take Two?
« on: November 03, 2003, 05:45:15 PM »
What has happened to Take Two?  Is it retired?  Is it broken?  Or is it just unloved?  It's blatenly obvious Race Game was a replacement for it today, because it is playing #3 for it and its #2 playing was just a short time ago.  They could have atleast played Step Up, to make it seem like not such a replacement.

So, where is Take Two?  Let's hope it's not in Pricing Game heaven.

cmjb13

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2003, 07:00:00 PM »
I don't think it's retired as I asked if there were any recently retired games, and the answer was no.

However things do change and it is possible, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's a fairly easy game, so I see no reason for them to get rid of it.

My guess is you will see it eventually.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Where is Take Two?
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2003, 07:00:59 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 05:45 PM\'] What has happened to Take Two?  Is it retired?  Is it broken?  Or is it just unloved?  It's blatenly obvious Race Game was a replacement for it today, because it is playing #3 for it and its #2 playing was just a short time ago.  They could have atleast played Step Up, to make it seem like not such a replacement.

So, where is Take Two?  Let's hope it's not in Pricing Game heaven. [/quote]
 I'd rather it be there.  Not my favorite game.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JayC

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2003, 07:50:57 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 07:00 PM\'] [quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 05:45 PM\'] What has happened to Take Two?  Is it retired?  Is it broken?  Or is it just unloved?  It's blatenly obvious Race Game was a replacement for it today, because it is playing #3 for it and its #2 playing was just a short time ago.  They could have atleast played Step Up, to make it seem like not such a replacement.

So, where is Take Two?  Let's hope it's not in Pricing Game heaven. [/quote]
I'd rather it be there.  Not my favorite game. [/quote]
 Yeah, it's not exactly the coolest game, but it's fun to see it pop up.

Robert Hutchinson

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 02:30:39 AM »
First, it's not blatantly obvious that Take Two was replaced today. Games' repeat playings are not spaced apart at perfectly even intervals. And why would they need to replace it on short notice, anyway? If they can't fix that prize value display (the only part of the game that could break down), something is seriously wrong.

Second, I like Take Two, simply because it's one of the few games that rewards the lost-but-observant. If you're trying to total $2874, and your first two picks are worth $1000 and $1975, you ought to keep the latter, as $899 is a much more likely price to find than $1784.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

tvrandywest

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 11:37:25 AM »
Breathe in, now slowly breathe out... Relax... feel you body go limp and loose... with each breath you breathe in relaxation... each time you exhale more and more tension leaves your body... you are becomming very calm... very relaxed...

Take Two is alive and well. It will be played next week.

Randy
tvrandywest.com
The story behind the voice you know and love... the voice of a generation of game shows: Johnny Olson!

Celebrate the centennial of the America's favorite announcer with "Johnny Olson: A Voice in Time."

Preview the book free: click "Johnny O Tribute" http://www.tvrandywest.com

Jimmy Owen

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 12:00:36 PM »
What about the episodes of Don McNeill's "Take Two," the ABC game show from 1963?  What is the status of those shows?
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Matt Ottinger

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 12:08:59 PM »
I'd be happy with more episodes of "It Takes Two" with Vin Scully.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
Where is Take Two?
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2003, 12:43:32 PM »
[quote name=\'tvrandywest\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 11:37 AM\'] Breathe in, now slowly breathe out... Relax... feel you body go limp and loose... with each breath you breathe in relaxation... each time you exhale more and more tension leaves your body... you are becomming very calm... very relaxed...

Randy
tvrandywest.com [/quote]
 Well thank goodness.
I was going to have a hernea if it wasn't.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
Where is Take Two?
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2003, 01:32:45 PM »
Let's just say that Take Two has more of a future on TPIR than its creator, Marc Breslow.

whewfan

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2003, 05:33:35 PM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 05:45 PM\'] What has happened to Take Two?  Is it retired?  Is it broken?  Or is it just unloved? [/quote]
 Bob Barker took a swing at it with a golf club, out of frustration, and as a result, the game now has a new title.... Take THAT! :-)

Sorry, I just couldn't resist.

cmjb13

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2003, 06:26:34 PM »
[quote name=\'whewfan\' date=\'Nov 4 2003, 05:33 PM\']
Bob Barker took a swing at it with a golf club, out of frustration
[/quote]
Maybe he was thinking of Breslow?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

zachhoran

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2003, 11:43:37 AM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 05:45 PM\']

So, where is Take Two?  Let's hope it's not in Pricing Game heaven. [/quote]
 Take Two was played on today's (11/5) episode.

GS Warehouse

Where is Take Two?
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2003, 01:32:56 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Nov 5 2003, 11:43 AM\'] [quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Nov 3 2003, 05:45 PM\']
So, where is Take Two?  Let's hope it's not in Pricing Game heaven. [/quote]
Take Two was played on today's (11/5) episode. [/quote]
 Hope that will quell is retired talk.  Remember that there are some 70 active pricing games in the rotation and some come up more often then others.